Beach House C&C

Bambi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took this the day after a snow storm -not that it's evident so much in this shot except for the waves and the colour of the sky.

any comments and critiques are welcome :)
4243211802_480a96385b_b.jpg

I really like the shot....very well composed IMO.

The only thing I'd like to see is the same shot, but with about a 1/2 second shutter speed to smooth out the waves some. It may not work, but I'd try it anyway.

great exposure.. is the type i keep as a wallpaper on my comp to remind me what im working for ...im currently saving for something similar ;)

The snow looks like white icing on a cake, very nice shot.

I really like the shot....very well composed IMO.

The only thing I'd like to see is the same shot, but with about a 1/2 second shutter speed to smooth out the waves some. It may not work, but I'd try it anyway.

I think for that I would have needed my tripod-which was in my car-which I wasn't going back for because I had just waded through a 4 foot drift of snow to get the shot. I guess I need more dedication. I plan to go back armed with tripod and play with shutter speeds and exposures. There's a ton of things to photograph along this beach. I will have to pack a lunch :lol:

thanks for all the nice comments guys. I have to say that I love having a dSLR!!

Really a nice composition! Excellent use of all parts of the frame, and a super-duper exposure and post-processing job. The house is in a lovely location,and you've shown the location off superbly; I like the distant point of land in the lower right hand side of the frame, and also like the reflection of the house in the wet sand in the LLC.

thank you Derrel! your comments are much appreciated!

Great photo bambi. As soon as i saw it i thought 'nova scotia' and i haven't been there for years! Well done capturing the east coast essence.

I have a nooby question regarding Darrels comment
super-duper exposure and post-processing job
How can you tell that post processing has been done to the photo?

Thanks

Very very nice. I like this shot.

One tiny thing. The house is dipping to the right.

great shot what are you using for a camera ?

Great photo bambi. As soon as i saw it i thought 'nova scotia' and i haven't been there for years! Well done capturing the east coast essence.

I have a nooby question regarding Darrels comment
super-duper exposure and post-processing job
How can you tell that post processing has been done to the photo?

Thanks

Thanks Einstein. I do love Nova Scotia. In terms of PP I did very little. A wee contrast boost and I burned the house a bit because it was washed out.

Very very nice. I like this shot.

One tiny thing. The house is dipping to the right.

Hi Craig, it was a choice of either the horizon or house being a wee bit unlevel. I decided to go with the horizon and assume the house was a bit off (that way the water doesn't run out of the picture and onto your computer :mrgreen:)

great shot what are you using for a camera ?

I should put it in my signature shouldn't I? I am so new at this. Anyway, I have a Nikon d5000 with the kit lens. I bought it Dec 28th. It's my first SLR and I'm having a blast with it. :D

sweet I just bought my D90 last night and have to watch the kids today so dont really have the time to play outside yet but cant wait. did you edit the photo much and if so what did you use ?

Well just to rub your ego a bit more, this is a gorgeous shot. Great location but even more important, great placement of everything in the frame. well done.
By the way, I spent a month in Nova Scotia a few years ago, Ive wanted to go back every year since, but still havent made it. Its amazing up there.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back