1. (you can dismiss this notice by clicking the X in the upper right hand corner)

As part of our new initiative on TPF you can come and take part in a series of new in-depth articles and discussions every month. Featured this month are the methods that one of our top avian photographers, Kristofer Rowe uses to get his stunning photos (as also featured on Tamron USA website as well!). So drop in and take part, I know that Kristofer will be happy to answer your questions and hear what you do out in the field with your camera!

Capturing Distinctive Bird Images

Beach Kid

Discussion in 'People Photography' started by carly, Jul 19, 2008.

1. carly

carly TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Here are several of a shoot I did on New Year's Day 2007 in 60 degree weatheer in upstate NYS on a small lake....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JohnMF

JohnMF TPF Noob!

i like number 3 best

3. photocat

photocat TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    they look a bit snapshotty to me, as you had the dog in one hand and the camera in the other and shot. not necessarily a bad thing - but my advise to you would be to get down lower the next time you have a chance to photograph children and animals. get on their level, it makes it feel more real.

i do love the setting, lighting and the little boys apperal. all good -

the focus is a bit soft for me though. but hey - who am I to talk today when I had a not so perfect shoot myself. you learn and move on and do better next time.

i believe you have a good thing going - i would love to see some more of your children work. Cat

4. carly

carly TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    thanks for the good feedback. I wasn't holding onto the dog (it was my dog and he just loves kids sooo...) I almost had to pose this kid, he was a bit shy.

Had fun, tho, took about 75 shots.:lmao:

5. DefenseEngineer

DefenseEngineer TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I agree with everything already said. Especially photocat's suggestion to get down lower. However, I would add that they are rather center heavy. It's a normal critique given on message boards. However, I do think these photos would benefit from either the rule of thirds or getting in closer on the subject.

Number 4 would work especially well if the boy nearly filled the frame. Allow a little bit of water at the bottom of the frame as a location reference.