Beached hulks

tb2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
A shot of some of the old fishing boats slowly succumbing to time and tide on the banks of the River Wyre at Fleetwood, Lancashire.

Tony

For more info go to: http://photoquoto.blogspot.com

Beached-hulks.jpg

This is a very nice shot. I like the composition and subject matter. If anything were to be different, maybe I would like to see a little more detail at the front of the boat.

Another quality shot there Tony. Whereabouts is that one sitting then? Local knowledge is obviously something you're not short of...

Very nice.
Reminds of a whale skeleton.

Dani.

Thanks for the comments on this one folks - I thought it had sunk without trace :). I kept the prow fairly dark Abraxas because I felt the shot needed a bit of contrast, and so it would be the eye-catcher from which the viewer went down the length of the hulk. And because I'm a sucker for high contrast :). These wrecks are reached by going down to the new nature park at the bottom of Jameson Road, Fleetwood, and following the river bank downstream. They're obviously inaccessible at high tide, and muddy at other times. Try the link below.

http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&cp=53.91396~-3.005973&style=a&lvl=17&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=7577452&encType=1

You're right about the skeleton aspect Dani - it has the look of a pile of bleached bones!

Regards, Tony

Right behind Freeport. Now I'd never have known they were there. I'm assuming that's Knott End GC on the opposite bank of the River.

Knott End GC it is Chris. Incidentally there's a car park serving the new "nature park" on the old power station site at the bottom of Jameson Road. However, the road to it is AWFUL - potholes and barely visible speed bumps. If you go down it by car drive slowly!

Regards, Tony

I know the road, but normally never get past the municipal tip to be honest. Perhaps I'll get a trip down there in August when I'm next due back in the UK.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back