John Isaac III (born c. 1422) asked in his will, made in 1500, that his body be buried in the ‘Chapel of John at Patrixbourne’. It is not, however, clear, whether this was a chapel within St Mary’s or whether it was a separate building. The Isaacs held Howletts, as well as Hode and Ratling, and there is a ruined chapel called Well Chapel, near Howletts, built in the perpendicular style which was associated with the Isaacs. However, the Well chapel was in the parish of Ickham. If the Isaac chapel was dedicated to St John the Baptist, the niche above the south door with its Agnus Dei may also date from the fifteenth century rather than from the twelfth. Unfortunately, the niche is so degraded that it is hard to form a judgement. The chapel was clearly completed in time for John Isaac II and his wife to be buried there and, since the chapel is likely to have been completed after the changes to the roof, most if not all of the fifteenth-century rebuilding is likely to have taken place in the earlier part of the century. Members of the Isaac family are plausible patrons as they were wealthy and influential, had already donated money for the completion of the cloister at Christ Church, Canterbury (the Isaac arms appear in the ceiling vault) and chose to be buried in the church.