Beauty Portraits: SiSi @ Reflection Rooms (Sexiness From Within!)

Zeckson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I got to know this extremely beautiful and sexy girl from a close friend of mine some time ago. Her name is SiSi. Yes, it sounds like a Chinese name. In fact, it is a Chinese name. Sisi is a mix between Thai and Chinese. As we talked, I came to realize that SiSi is modelling too and she was looking for a good photographer to give her some nice and cool images. When I told her I do portraits and showed my port folio to her, she looked at me and gave me that big sexy smile... Well... You know what comes next!

For some days we were together and we were talking about concepts and ideas, I sort of understood SiSi's character a bit. I was observing her body languages, her expressions, her little actions and her way of speech all the while as I communicated with her about what I had in mind. She accepted it with grace.

We talked about what is sexy and how sexiness is perceived by people. While sexiness often links with revealing of individual's sexuality, which most people do agree, I think that is only 50% correct. What many people don't know is that sexiness often comes from within an individual's personality and character and the way each individual present themselves. My idea for SiSi's shoot was to bring out the charm and sexiness within her joyful character WITHOUT being in pieces of cloths that only cover a small part of the body (you know what).

I did this set of images with my Nikon D80, my AF-S VR DX Zoom-Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G lens and a few flash units. I must say that while I am very satisfied with the outcome of the images and how each image was excuted and processed to obtain this result, I am very pissed with the quality of these images technically. Can you guess what I am pissed with?

Total: 25 images

Pic 01:

ce8a0faa.jpg

Pic 02:

eb7722b8.jpg

Pic 03:

ccfbe262.jpg

Pic 04:

6724694d.jpg

Pic 05:

d1a253cf.jpg

Pic 06:

56d516d7.jpg

Pic 07:

885a6cf5.jpg

Pic 08:

2d8d142e.jpg

Pic 09:

493b00d9.jpg

Pic 10:

c80eac00.jpg

Pic 11:

0de5637f.jpg

Pic 12:

d963c3da.jpg

Pic 13:

630bb2e4.jpg

Pic 14:

52f45b20.jpg

Pic 15:

23cbc5c4.jpg

Pic 16:

508ecd52.jpg

Pic 17:

390261af.jpg

Pic 18:

7587a7b8.jpg

Pic 19:

2853bf30.jpg

Pic 20:

af2b0701.jpg

Pic 21:

77eb5cd1.jpg

Pic 22:

3f886a99.jpg

Pic 23:

4c2e56eb.jpg

Pic 24:

9b0fe18c.jpg

Pic 25:

84ce005c.jpg

Thank you for viewing my images. Sexiness from within, I hope that these images do SiSi justice. I have many people asking me how I do my portraits. Some even revealed their line of equipments they use but still could not achieve what I did with my mediocre gears.

I replied them, "What I do portraits, I often look into the inner character of my subject, understand them and observing them before I attempt any shoot with them. I go out with them, I talk with them on the phone, I have meals with them, I share their life stories, I listen to their views and opinions. From these, I piece every small bits of information I gather about them and review these information and figure out what kind of person they are. This will set my direction of how to bring their characters out in my portraits."

Speaking of ART is USELESS if one cannot FEEL anything.

You may have the best and fastest car in the world but it is your driving skills that propels you to win the race in the circuit. :)

You can view all the 36 images here on my Flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zeckson/sets/72157622390725331/

not sure what your pissed about, but to mean they SCREAM sexiness!!!! for whatever its worth, they kept me wishing that the next photo would show a little more skin :) but that is the male in me talking.

I like the images and I kind of see how you are going with your themes. I would say that #15, 16, 17, 20,21, 24 and 25 suit your theme of "sexiness from within" the best. The others does not seem to focus on her personality as much. Just my opinion. Oh, I would think you're not too happy with the 18-55mm lens? I have that lens (without vr) and the 55-200mm vr and I prefer the 55-200mm vr unless I wanted to create somewhat wide angle portraits which could be fun at times :). You capture the images very well regardless what lens you used.

If I have to choose
I prefer the n°8, 14 , 16 and 20 for her expression, even if the forehead is a bit burned on 16 and 20

I like the images and I kind of see how you are going with your themes. I would say that #15, 16, 17, 20,21, 24 and 25 suit your theme of "sexiness from within" the best. The others does not seem to focus on her personality as much. Just my opinion. Oh, I would think you're not too happy with the 18-55mm lens? I have that lens (without vr) and the 55-200mm vr and I prefer the 55-200mm vr unless I wanted to create somewhat wide angle portraits which could be fun at times :). You capture the images very well regardless what lens you used.

Actually, what I was pissed with was the posterization in the images. Because the pixels were already at the lower end of the color gamut, further manipulation of the pixels will result in posterization. These images were shot in JPEG under sRGB color space. Should have done it in RAW, a mistake I've made, knowing that I would further process my images to the required feel.

The 18-55 VR lens is a very good lens! Very sharp optics! It is really cheap and good. The only downside of it is not being fast enough to capture sports action. But for anything that stays still for your to compose your shot, it is a very worthwhile lens to keep! The VR really helps a lot! I can handhold my camera at 1/8 ~ 1/4 without getting my images blurred! :)

u did a lot of work on the shoot...i appreciate ur pose and lightings.....
--some bareness is not sexy.

These are great shots.... where is this set? Is this actually someones bedroom?

12 & 16 are my favorite only because im a girl and i like the pics that show a softer side of her rather than seeing the "i just want sex" look of her.

u did a lot of work on the shoot...i appreciate ur pose and lightings.....
--some bareness is not sexy.

Thank you for your comments.

These are great shots.... where is this set? Is this actually someones bedroom?

No, these images were shot inside a boutique hotel here in Bangkok, Thailand. :)

12 & 16 are my favorite only because im a girl and i like the pics that show a softer side of her rather than seeing the "i just want sex" look of her.

Thanks for your comments. I am very glad that a girl said that she likes my images. That means I have done the right things. But Katy, as you know, we men have very different thinking that women. What makes men tick does not necessary do the same for women. It is a fact that most of the viewers of photographs are men and there are certain things that make men tick. Like-wise there are things that make you tick but we men just do not understand why. Ha ha ha ha.

I am glad that you came in and commented, Katy. :)

Most reactions

Back