Been a bit....back from Bonnaroo

fzfile

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
Got a little digi to bring to Bonnaroo and I soooo hooked. Although I brought film and a longer lens, The Canon A530 I got really was so functional. The whole .....snap snap snap snap snap/review/delete delete /(30 seconds later) snap snap snap .......right there, on the same subject, opens up a lot of things.

This is my photo bucket link to the few I've grabbed so far ..... I took about 600 shots ....being conservative cuz I thought my 2 gig was gonna run out, but only used about 1.5 with some videos too.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v...trance1dayweb.jpg&slideshow=paused&interval=3

This is one from that set..........

sunflagringweb2.jpg

-mike

What DO we see here?
Other than that nice sunset so strategically placed behind the flags there?
But that ring of smoke ... waht IS it??? I see people and ... well, those flags, and maybe street signs? The trees, of course... but that ring of smoke ... what IS it? (Maybe clicking on your link would yield the answer but I can't, not right now).

Well ........ this was a huge festival and besides the 6 main concert stages ...... there were many sculptures all over the festival grounds ....

a la ......

Gardenday1web.jpg

and

pencil1cropweb.jpg

The 1st above were part of The Fire Garden where the lamps were all sloar powered and then lit all nigh and the black iron work had fire comming out at night making part of the sculpture.

The largest of these iron pieces had a type of bellows attached to it ..... and they would fire it up around early dusk and filled with smoke until there was enough to fill and then blow out of the belloew creating these giant smoke rings ...which as the wind had it for most of the weekend, would carry the rings over the entire concert area. Very cool stuff.

I took about 600 shots and some video and am just going through now and sorting them.

I double exposed many of the shots (two shots, one for sky and one for the ground/people) but havent layered any together as of yet. The ring one above did not have two exposures because i was literally running between concert stages and the small tent stages (additional to the 6 main stages) while picking out the most opportune places to catch sunset shots inbetween Oysterhead and Tom Petty.

-mike

BTW ..... there doesnt appear to be many people in the two day photos because these were taken early Thursday when many were still arriving.

The smoke ring one was taken Friday evening.

I would say there was about 100,000 or so people by Friday.

Tom Petty had Stevie Nicks come out and perform on a few songs and when he introduced her the crowd was deafening. The loudest crowd I've ever heard and I've been to quite a few big shows. It was really awsome...... and I'm not even a big Tom Petty fan. lol.

Radiohead the next night was probably as loud but I was up front quite a ways so it was hard to tell.

-mike

Most reactions

Back