Begginer Shots....C&C please!!

Muay_Thai_Dan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey, i got 3 photos for C&C please! anything that will help me take a better picture helps!!!

IMG_0308Crop.jpg

IMG_0301.jpg

IMG_0325.jpg

Thanks for looking! :thumbup::thumbup:

-Dan

The problems I see are:
#1. Depth of Field
#2 Focus/Crop
#3 Aesthetic Rules
The first one has a halfway interesting content, but the other two of the car just don't answer the question "Why do I want to look at this?" These are question you need to answer when taking the shot. "Why will people want to see this?" and "What can I do to make them see what I do?"
One way to get a better idea of creative presentation is to look at thousands of pictures. What easily impresses you at first you will soon find are just average shots. You will be able to pick out what makes a good shot technically and aesthetically regardless of the content.
Keep shooting.

I think DRoberts's advice is right on. Also, going to your local library and picking up a book on the subject might be helpful too. I know Brian Peterson’s Understanding Exposure is highly recommended around here -- it covers more than just composition, but it's a good read.

The first one - It is almost a very nice picture for me to look at. It would be cooler if the other pumpkin was thrown much more out of focus and the one in front was super sharp.

The second one - is boring when I look at it and it also doesn't have a clear point for my eye to focus on. It makes me ask what is the photographer trying to show me? The lettering is unreadable and the whole car isn't in sight because of the lighting.

The third - there is just too much distracting to my eye. I am not sure again what to focus on.

The third one is good. But the second one I am not sure why you took that shot. The pumpkins are good too.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back