beginner randoms

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These are a few digital photos from my d60 of my black and white prints and a few shots of this wicked storm that had jut passed my house and countryside. Please critique me respeactively.

random016.jpg

random015.jpg

random014.jpg

random013.jpg

random007.jpg

random101.jpg

random095.jpg

Ok firsts things first: Try to limit yourself to about 3 images to get honest critique. I know sometimes it can be hard picking, but youll get more comments on 3 pictures than you will on 7. And now heres my opinions. But i am a new person so take it lightly.

#1: Nothing seems to be in sharp focus here and this picture does really say anything. Also, there was no creativity involved. The picture may have been more appealing if you had been lying down on the tracks in the front of the train shooting upwards, so it looked like the train was some powerful beast.

#2: Again, no focus point here. Usually in portraits you want the focus to be on the eyes. The sepia tone here seems way overdone seeing as how we can't even see whats behind her. An ocean? A plain? Maybe more depth of field would give this picture more of a story.

#3: Lacks a focus point, seems cluttered to me, and Im not sure what he is doing. Maybe the cluttered feel was what you were going for but I would like to know what he's doing so I can understand why its cluttered or something.

#4: Just seems like a snapshot to me. The right side is too bright as well. Lacks focus point. I apologize if these are sounding harsh but I just don't see what makes this picture special.

#5: Its somewhat of a pretty sky but the foreground totally ruins it. The stop sign, street light, and houses in the back ruin the picture. Maybe try going somewhere else and make the foreground compliment the sky.

#6: It's OK but the shadow is extremely harsh (im guessing you took this at like 1:00 when the sun is brightest) and the plants around the cactus ruin what mightve been a good shot.

#7: Focus Point! Woohoo! Ok this is my favorite of the batch. I like how the fence provides a line for your eye to travel along and I love the blue sky against the grass. The tree is interesting, but again try and find some more creative angles. Also, the green tree on the right of the picture is very distracting.

All-in-all, your on your way! Keep practicing, keep finding creative angles, make sure you find a focus point, keep reading, and keep shooting!

I agree with Chriss on almost every point.

On #6 you could crop but the angle of the cactus is wrong for that I think.

On #7 you might be able to crop out the tree.

A few pointers I keep reminding myself since I'm new too is:
1. Focus
2. Watch your angle, make it interesting.
3. And avoid distracting objects in the shot.

Sorry I left this out, keep up it up. Looking to see more from you.

I think #3 is the best. I don't need to know what's going on to be able to enjoy it. Good tones throughout.

yes, I love #3. My only suggestion would be to get lower, and take the photo without any cars in the background. As it is, it's a great photo. Some minor tweaks could make it even better. Very interesting.

#4 is a nice photo as well.

p!nK

You've got some interesting shots, though personally I wouldn't go so heavy on the Sepia tone. I love #3, and #7 is pretty good. #5 and #6 look too much like snapshots IMHO. Otherwise good job.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back