beginner to beginner

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by kenwood72, Jul 21, 2008.

1. kenwood72

kenwood72 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    i see SO many people on here recommending the book Understanding Exposure so I finally bought it and all I can say is WOW. The first few pages put the f/x relation to me mathematically and it all clicked. as the denominator gets bigger the opening gets smaller and you have light levels that need to be matched to iso's and shutter speeds, thus better lenses have smaller numbers, and so on and so on..anyhow GET THE BOOK it is amazing. after one day of reading some much is clearer in my basic understanding.

thanks to all who recommended it, you have saved yourself from reading a bunch of NOOB questions!!!

2. Bryant

Bryant TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Yeah I purchased this along with the PS book by Scott Kelby and it's been smooth sailing ever since.

3. bullitt453

bullitt453 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I have really been considering picking up this book. May have to go do that today at lunch.

4. nymtber

nymtber TPF Noob!

I just got mine in the mail today, from a member here. Cant wait to read through it!

5. sabbath999

sabbath999 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    I bought the book for my wife (who previously has been shooting in the program modes), it is a pretty good beginners guide (although, like anything, there are errors and opinions stated as fact).

6. bullitt453

bullitt453 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Got the book today during lunch. Very good read. Many of the things I already knew, but he does a great job of tying things together that had confused me in the past. Well worth the small investment IMO.