Beginner with Nikon D3200

Waldo32487

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just thought I'd make my first post and say hi!

This is my first DSLR. While I've taken pics with other peoples DSLR's (and they usually come out pretty well) I've finally taken the step towards really getting into it and got my own.

I mainly got into photography due to cars (my main passion) and that cell phone camera just wasnt cutting it for what I wanted to do.

Anyhow, just thought I'd post here since I'm a beginner and gotta start someplace. So you'll probably start seeing more posts/threads from me around here
biggrin.gif

Hello and welcome to the forum...

Hello and welcome! We're excited to have you. I used to own the D3200 and it is a solid camera. When you put some good glass in front of it you will be astounded.

You'll have to post a link to your flickr or facebook page in your signature so we can check out your photos. I'm excited to see what you do with your car photos because I'm also a car fanatic.

^^ Sounds like a plan!

Guess I'll have to start a Flickr account first though haha

Last edited:
Welcome!

I have a D3200 also, great little camera.

Welcome to the site.

Thanks guys!

I've been browsing diff threads and trying to learn what I can...

Looking to get a couple lenses after christmas. A 6.5mm and either a 55-200 or a 70-300.
gonna pick up a decent tripod and probably a wireless timer & remote shutter release too

I mainly got into photography due to cars (my main passion) and that cell phone camera just wasnt cutting it for what I wanted to do.

Hi Taking car pictures sounds easy but is actually quite difficult...! :)

See my photos of a Porsche here: Black Porsche Boxster S 981 - All photos - Andreas Timm Photography

Cheers,
Andreas

your photos look good!
I'd love to get into car photography, as cars are my passion. however I also enjoy trick photography, landscapes, and other types of photography as well.
I know I have alot of learning to do and by no means am a professional, however it's my long term goal to keep at it and learn as much as I can to improve my photography skills.

Can anyone tell me the main difference between the D3300 and the D3200? I'm a little confused. Thanks.

Price, small changes.....

Because the 3x00 and 5x00 series are more "beginner" DSLR's they update them alot (or at least annually) to increase sales.
I chose the 3200 over the 3100 or 3000 because it had a crisper screen and a few other helpful functions and still cheaper than a 5200 (my other option)
honestly, if I could re-choose, i'd go with the 5200 or straight to the 7100. but I got a pretty good deal on my 3200, and will probably keep the body even after I upgrade.

My plan is to get antiquated with the 3200, work on technique and skills, then upgrading the body to the 7000 or 7100 (cause I can use the same lenses that my 3200 uses)

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back