TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
bloodpromiser.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Go easy on me please . . .

DSC08720-1.jpg

If we go easy on you, how will you learn or feel safe to make mistakes.

I suppose you were shooting a pattern of shadows. What is see is a sea of asphalt that does not draw me into the picture. The image lacks contrast. Perhaps, it would have been better if you had raised the camera and included more of the darks arising from the trunks and water above.

This is one of those"so what?" images.

I also like to shoot images of shadow patterns, but it often requires that they be predominant enough to noticeable and to capture the interest of the viewer. There needs to be some "activity" associated with both the postive and the negative spaces.

Rusty tripod

Well, yes, I feel JUST like the rusty tripod here (erm: Rusty_Tripod :greenpbl: ) does with regards to this photo.

So while I welcome you to The Photo Forum warmly and while I appreciate that you meant to photograph the shadows of what gave your your TPF screenname, i.e the twigs, this composition does not really "speak". It does not engage the viewer at all. It is "blah" in nature.

There is no "go easy" way to paraphrase this, I'm afraid.
The shadows are not strong enough to be the subject, the asphalt patch is too large and dominant, in itself being non-descript and featureless, and there is too little "context" to be seen to tell us where this path is (we get a GLIMPSE of a bank of a lake or so?) and where those trees are that cast the shadows.

What is this, Cruise?
Hijacking someone's thread with some random photo?
This thread is NOT about the waterfalls here, it is about twig's photo!!!
And as a rule, we do not post photos into the Galleries that we haven't taken ourselves. OK?

Also, the picture just isn't very interesting. It may mean something to you, but to the public they just see some sidewalks with shadows of trees.

Just spice up the subject, or include more of the surroundings and less of the cement.

I too would have liked to see what was up higher. All I see here is cement. If you would have showed the trees it would have been so much more.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back