Beneath the Surface

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
460c3105.jpg

I am a bit concerned by the size of this, it looks like there is bags of lovely detail that really make the photo, but that it has got a bit lost on downsizing to 460x578? the light patterning on the rock would really come out on a larger picture as with all those flowing roots ( on a water plant?) showing how the liquid flows. I think it detracts from the picture but the wife thinks it is wonderfull with the colours etc.

tim

Thanks for commenting Tim. The POV is nearly straight down looking at the plants about 2-6 inches under the water. Sand to the right and strands of moss wrapped around the stems of the plants.

I have a version a bit closer and slightly different comp that I'm going to work with the RAW version of. I think the detail will come out a bit better and still keep the abstract, painting-like quality I like about this one.

I'm a bit surprised with the colors- f11 at 1/10 is a wider aperture and faster shutter than I usually prefer. The light was doing the right stuff, and I figured electrons are cheap.

Of course standing in 2 feet of cool water in the late afternoon of a +90 day may have biased me. :)

Anyone else?

Most reactions

Back