bentley microstation?

StvShoop

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.rpi.edu
the "photoshop versions" thread inspired me to ask you people about this. kind of a long shot, but i don't know who else to ask.

does anybody use or know someone who uses bentley microstation?
it's a cad package, but has a million other functions.
what i'm trying to find out is how the heck to learn it :?
it was given to me at college, and it seems like a lot of professional architects are seriously into it. the problem is, it's the most user-unfriendly software i've ever come across. even worse than anything on macintosh :wink: (j/k). seriously, it takes 2 bottles of tylenol just to get the snaps working the way you want.

there were a few meager attempts by my professors to teach the software to my class, but nobody caught on :( . i checked online, and a two-day introductory class for this software, taught by bentley, is $600 :evil:
i was all for going back to autocad, until i saw how powerful and versatile this software can be, and if professional architects use it, then i guess i'm going to have to do it. the fact is, it's extremely unintuitive, and the only way to learn it is to be taught it.
so... any thoughts? :)

if you can't tell, i've got a very established contempt for this program and the people who made it. any door to an easier way that you ppl can open would be awesome.

i used to use microstation until our office switched to autocad. the way i learned was to open a drawing (it comes with a ton of practice ones) and mess around. the hardest thing was learning to click both mouse buttons to enter a command.

To answer your question though, just mess around with it. if you are looking to go hardcore with 3-d and rendering (i only dealt with 2-d drawings), then i would suggest taking a class.

hope this helps...

Most reactions

Back