"Berrow Beach - Lone Post"

bishopsmead

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
adamclutterbuck.com
I wonder if you can critique this please, I cloned out some sand damage from around the base of the post.

44458781.jpg

Thanks in advance

After browsing your galleries last week, I don't feel qualified to criticise your work Bishopsmead - but I'll have a go... This is a nice dramatic sunset and the post creates nice foreground interest. I don't see any problem with your cloning of the sand. The 50/50ish horizon split doesn't do an awful lot for me, though it may have been dictated by your wanting to include the full reflection of the post. Also, the post is positioned on the right of the picture, but the sky seems less interesting over on the left, and the expanse of sand a little dark. I wonder how it would look with the post on the left. Very nice shot though. You know that beach pretty well.

I agree with the previous point. Although I really like the shot, it feels like all of the interest in the photo lies on the right hand side so it feels a bit off-balance to me. It is still a great shot, but I too would like to see something more towards the left of the frame.

I definately agree with the above two posts. The only thing that bothers me seriously is the 50 50 split. Have you tried getting down closer to the sand to take the picture... that might give you an interesting perspective. Especially with the reflections off the wet sand.

I personally think it has good balance, what with the darker clouds in the upper left, and the post in the lower right. It's diagonal balance.

Great setup IMO.
The only thing for myself is, since I love clarity, I'd try and get more through PS.

personally, i don't mind the lack of interest in the left side or the 50/50 split, but it would be nice to see a bit more reflection in the wet sand. nice work.

I invited some post-processing assistance on the FM forum site - and someone kindly came up with this - looks incredible, and he's done it without losing quality.

44461830.jpg

Any tips on how that frame was created? I typically don't enjoy frames, but this is an exception. I think everyone has posted what I would have as far as critique goes, like the colors and the composition :)

Brilliant work. After viewing your pictures I was thinking about selling my camera. The person who edited your picture seemed to have taken it right to the edge maybe a touch to much, which would be a matter of personal taste.
Beautiful and extremley well done is the bottom line.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back