Best Proofing Website?

DepthOfFocus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi All -

My photography side-business has been constantly growing over the past year.

In the past, I've provided all my clients files (proofs and Final edits) entirely through dropbox - Can't go wrong with the price (free) and it's simplicity. Note: I don't do any printing for clients - They've all foregone this in the past.

But I think it's about time I move over to something more professional - Like shootproof, etc.

What are the best ones and how do they compare?

Thanks!

I don't know about the best.... but I use Zenfolio and I like it. Its easy and I can offer a lot of different products. If you are only doing digital though, shootproof might be the way to go since I think they take a smaller %. Dunno.

More and more retail photographers are discovering that in person proofing substantially and consistently increases average sale amounts.
Quadrupling average sale amounts is common and with exceptional salesmanship skill a 6x improvement in your average sale is possible.

With online proofing you forgo being able to control color management and the use of calibrated display devices.
You also forgo being able to generate excitement, emotional involvement, and the ability to create a sense of urgency.

By proofing online and not offering high quality, color managed prints and other products you weaken your brand and de-value your photographs by treating them as a digital commodity rather than as a high quality luxury item.

Print making labs do not sell photographs. They sell the paper and ink they use to print photographs someone else has made.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back