Matt Tilghman

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.matttilghman.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
In the famous town of Kotor, Montenegro, visitors may opt to take a grueling hike up the imposing city walls. These walls ascend straight up the steep Dinaric Alps, ending at the St John Fortress which overlooks Kotor. The vantage from the top offers stunning views of Kotor Bay, and for that reason the climb is a very popular – and crowded – activity. However, there's a small hole in the wall that most visitors walk right by, since you will undoubtedly be out of breath, and staring at your feet to avoid tripping on the fallen rocks. I happened to notice this hole, and popped my head through. What I saw amazed me: stunning mountain scenery and ancient ruins in disrepair, like something out of a medieval fairy tale. I instantly lost interest in the St John Fortress, and instead explored this scene in solitude.

Beyond the Wall

I feel the watermark ruins it

It doesn't ruin it but it also doesn't protect it. There are WM removal programs that would remove that in less than 10 seconds. Good shot, nonetheless.

I agree with bulldurham - the water mark is really unnecessary. I could remove it in Photoshop (Content Aware Fill) in less than a couple of minutes. If you want to put one on your images as a deterrent to those less technically competent, or as advertising, then place it in the lower left or right corner. That way it is less intruding.

WesternGuy

Most reactions

New Topics

Back