bibble 5 pro and other photo managing software

dtornabene1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.nticoncepts.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have seen some great features in photo management. I was wondering what other people use and why they use that software over others.

Here is the software I am trying to compare:

acdsee pro 2.5
bibble 5 pro
Phase One Capter One 4 Pro (no you do not need a Phase One back if you were wondering)
Microsoft's Expression Media 2

If you currently are using one of these or something else and have chosen to switch, why?

Just trying to get the most replies from people who have an opinion.

-Nick

I use Bibble Pro 4.10 (I don't think Bibble Pro 5.0 is out yet) for RAW file conversion and chose it for the following reasons:

-It is not too expensive
-According to some reviews it is better at converting RAW files than other softwares
-Batch processing of RAW files is quite quick, even on my old, fairly slow computer
-It can run under Linux
-There are always amongst the first ones to update their software for new RAW files (if that is important to you)
-It is very user friendly and after watching the tutorials from their website, you are good to go.
-I did not have to give money to Adobe;)

Try it for yourself before you buy. You can download a fully functional trial version from their website.

I use Capture One 4 as my Raw converter it is pretty ruff for a DAM compared to LR However C1 does the best on my files to anything else I have tried. ti maintains better sharpness, noise control, and the color gradation is second to none. I have not tried bibble 5 but I might run a demo when it is out for a little bit and see how it compares. I really do like LR for it's DAM and some of the other features but it is just really poor as a converter.

I really think that no one Raw converter works on all raw files.
It may take some serious demoing to see what works best with your camera's RAW files. I know that C1 works well for Olympus and Nikon.

Most reactions

Back