BIG problem.

jacqg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hm, so yeah I have a d60 right, I also own a canon T1i(i just got it like 2 days ago...lol >_<). Does it sound sensible to switch to the canon, and sell all my nikon gear? I don't really need the money that much so I can keep it if I want to..but I don't know if I should get a second body right now since I'm not very good at photography yet, and besides, I wanted my second body to be a Nikon full frame.

jacqgo@flickr

Hmm.. why did I buy it? It was sold at a very reasonable price.(I buy and sell as a "hobby")

In terms of gear this is what I have so far:

Nikon D60
AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR
AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G
Yongnuo YN-460 Flash
Quantaray 251664959 28-90 mm f/3.5-5.6 Autofocus
Quantaray 251664264 70-210 mm f/4.5-5.6 Autofocus

Canon T1i
18-55mm IS

If I should keep both, do you guys think it's good to buy a 50mm f/1.8 canon?(probably the cheapest lens I could find)
TBH I don't want to sell my d60 because I like it and I'm gonna lose money(not a lot but, a good amount) if I do sell it. Selling the t1i will GAIN me money.

Also, what can you do with 2 bodies anyway? What are the pros and cons in choosing Nikon or Canon? All I know is that Nikon glass is much higher quality and that Canon gear is cheaper/more affordable than Nikon.

I don't know too much about the difference between Nikon and Canon but I do know I love having two bodies. Being able to just flip up the d50 with the zoom lens on it and then switching immediately to the d70 with the nifty fifty saves a ton of time. Of course I'm very new to this and the only reason why I have two is because I got the d70 super cheap and was going to sell the d50. Now I'm going to sell both and get a new one lol.

And if I were you I would just stick with the Nikon. You have all the gear associated with your Nikon so why invest more into the Canon? Unless you like the feel and quality of it better.

Whichever you choose, it makes more sense to have multiple bodies of the same vendor so that you can swap your glass around.

Keep the nikon and sell the canon. If you want a second body just get another nikon. Makes more sense with all the nikon lenses you already have.

Sell the Nikon and keep the Canon.

I hope this post was helpful.

I agree with what's already been said. Why'd you go out and buy a Canon anyways? If it was given to you then disregard that question

keep the Canon and sell the Nikon stuff, you can thank me later.

either way i'd sell one brand and use it to finance some better lenses in the other brand.

I just can't believe how people just buy gear when they don't know what they want or what they are doing :confused:

Sell the canon and keep the nikon gear. Because you already have so much nikon gear. If you want a better body sell the d60 and get a d90 or something. Then get a FF later.

I agree with what's already been said. Why'd you go out and buy a Canon anyways? If it was given to you then disregard that question
He's probably like many people and just buys stuff on impulse. I've often thought about buying a Nikon but quickly came to my senses and realized I could just buy more Canon stuff. I love it when I think clearly.

Well you really dont have the lenses to go up to a Nikon FX as it is. Granted you can use the DX lenses but, then the FX cuts the sensor in half to accomodate the cropped lens. So the rea question is which camera do you like best when using it? THe one you like the feel of when using it is the one you will use most.

I just can't believe how people just buy gear when they don't know what they want or what they are doing :confused:

If it's second hand and you get a good deal, and know you can make your money back or more later when you sell it, then why not? It means you can try out different stuff essentially risk free and eventually end up with gear you like. That's what I did, and I have now got plenty of gear I love after going through a boatload of stuff I didn't like, and made money out of most of it anyway. It's win win!

Most reactions

Back