Big Problem

Funky

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok..let me start off saying i havnt dropped bashed or anything of the sort to my camera. the whole thing started at the pumpkin patch when i was trying to get some pictures for the october photo contest, when i got home i switched my 28-70mm to my 90-300mm to get some bird watching shots, when i got outside i looked through the view finder only to find everything was fuzzy. so i cleaned my lens and my view finder and it was still fuzzy...i started to panic being as i just bought this camera and have had no problems with it so far. im lost because the actual pictures its taking are fine but i can hardly see anithing through the view finder. my only guess is that i whent from a hot dry car to a cold humid outside and some condensation has built up on the inside somewhere. the cameras a sony dslr alpha a100 soo any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks....and If thats the case im not going to go out and spend another $1000 on this camera body. anyone have any suggestions on how to tell if that is the problem?

My D70s has a slider right next to the viewfinder to control the diopter adjustment. I assume on your Sony there would be somehitng similar or a rotary control. If you autofocus on a target, and can adjust the diopter so that the image is sharp through the viewfinder, you've found and corrected your problem.

TBaraki is right. It could very well be the diopter adjustment that got accidentally bumped. Check that.
Or perhaps the lens or the cam is in macro setting? Or some other setting? Check 'm all.
If it's not the diopter setting or one of the others, and you still think it could be condensation moisture inside, then you need to dry it out. Simply leave it exposed to dry air – an airconditioned room is perfect – for, say, 6 hours. Or a whole night.
If the problem persists then it probably isn't moisture either, and I would probably send it in for repairs. But what do I know! Maybe someone else around here has a good idea.

.......................I should pay you for that.............THANK YOU :hug::

it was the diopter it somehow got tuned all the way to the left.
problem solved.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back