Birch Bark

The extremely thin DOF does not help this shot. 90% of the frame is blur and what's in focus is really not much of a subject.

I enjoyed your story, but sleist has it, the picture isn't working for me ;)

This is an experiment worth doing, I think. It's an interesting texture, and it's begging for SOME kind of treatment. You want some way to make a subject of it, otherwise the whole frame is pretty much a uniform mass of interesting texture which is ultimately not very interesting.

Your choice of shallow DoF to isolate part of it, and to elevate *this* part of the frame to important, and push *those* parts of the frame down as less important, that was a good idea. It did work, there is an important part and a not-important part.

The problem is that the important part still isn't very interesting. Why is this part important? What am I supposed to see?

Also, the result is a little unsettling, visually. It feels, I dunno, wobbly. If there was a reason to be unsettled, it could work. As it is, I have a visually unsettled feeling looking at it, but no content that supports an unsettled sensation.

Maybe there's something in that ^^ stream of consciousness you can use! I hope so!

Most reactions

Back