Birds, birds and more birds

AIRIC

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.airic.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Canoncan and myself had a great day shooting and ended up with a nice variety of bird images to show for our effort. First stop was Humber Park and despite the clouds from a recent snow storm we did ok.

humber20062254861copy.jpg

One angry Swan chasing another
humber20062254883copy.jpg

As usual, Canoncan is seen sitting down on the job…again.
humber20062254893copy.jpg

humber20062254916copy.jpg

Then it was off to Woodland Cemetery in Hamilton to catch a glimpse of some Eagles but this is all I came home with after sliding down a steep hill and falling off a tree and landing on my shoulder to protect the camera. The camera survived but I will be paying the price for a few days.
lasalle20062254921copy.jpg

While waiting for an Eagle to return I at least got a decent Swan flypast
lasalle20062254925copy.jpg

Then it was off to LaSalle Park for some late day waterfowl shots. Almost did not go but it turned out to be the highlight of the day.

American Coot
lasalle20062254941copy.jpg

Swans incoming
lasalle20062254947copy.jpg

lasalle20062254955copy.jpg

Red Headed Duck
lasalle20062254979copy.jpg

lasalle20062254996copy.jpg

Snow Goose
lasalle20062255003copy.jpg

lasalle20062255007copy.jpg

Bufflehead
lasalle20062255010copy.jpg

Mallards
lasalle20062255049copy.jpg

lasalle20062255068copy.jpg

lasalle20062255079copy.jpg

lasalle20062255082copy.jpg

A few more beers should numb the pain in my arm and then off to bed :cheers:
Thanks for a great day Peter.

Thanks for looking,

Eric

Great series as usual, my fav is the snow goose one tho great angle and detail :thumbup:

Hey you beat me by a minute. I only had time to work on a few, time for some dinner and a movie, B's Idea... Great shot of the Snow Goose, I love it..

Great shots! :thumbup:

I like the close ups, and the little baby especially. You guys are lucky back east to have those clear, bright winter days!

Do you use slide or print film?

Keta said:
Great shots! :thumbup:

I like the close ups, and the little baby especially. You guys are lucky back east to have those clear, bright winter days!

Do you use slide or print film?

Digital for two years now.

Eric

Well where do I start. They are all so great. I love the incoming swans, the red headed duck and the snow goose. Great shots all!

Incredible, you caught my favorite bird (if in fact those are buffleheads) we get them around my house in the winter and they are beautiful. Very impressive pics.

The Snow Goose is fantastic..overall awesome series...gotta get me one of those feather touching lens :)

Trish

So glad you let us share your weekend photos with you over and again, Eric, and sorry to hear about the tree and your shoulder ... well done to protect the camera, they always come first, don't they (I stumbled fiercely over the foot of the light installation for that dance performance I photographed both on Friday 17 and Sunday 19 Feb, and I held one camera in my right and another in my left hand - only Canons, bah! :greenpbl: - and did THE "dance" performance right in front of the audience :blushing: there to catch my fall and NOT fall on my hands!!!!!! I must have been quite a sight :oops: )

But what I really mean to say is: I am so happy that your photos show us birds and water fowl ALIVE ... all we get to see on TV these days are dead birds found and collected, many of who died of the dangerous kind of bird flu. The news here are full of it.

macawlvr said:
The Snow Goose is fantastic..overall awesome series...gotta get me one of those feather touching lens :)

Trish

The lens is worth the price. Nothing like seeing these guys up close.

Eric

Most reactions

Back