Bishop Hill, IL

Stacey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
In a very tiny part of central IL is a Swedish Village, Bishop Hill. It's quite an adorable little place and I really enjoyed visiting. These are some pictures I took. C/C always welcome!

1. This was the Colony Church. Upstairs was the actual church and on the first floor and in the basement (basement not open to public) were many rooms on either side of a long hallway which runs the length of the room. A family lived in each room (and they weren't large rooms either!) I can't remember how many exactly they said to a room, I think it was 10-12?
June2BishopHillandWoodlawnPalace017.jpg

2. This was upstairs in the church. It was hot for sure, I can't imaging how it would have been back when people were able to use it! But it was so amazing and so gorgeous!
June2BishopHillandWoodlawnPalace026.jpg

3. This is a picture of a chandelier hanging from the ceiling. There are actual small candles on it!
June2BishopHillandWoodlawnPalace027.jpg

4. This is a statute in the middle of the park.
June2BishopHillandWoodlawnPalace032.jpg

5. One of the museums in town.
June2BishopHillandWoodlawnPalace043.jpg

6. Flag pole from 1889 *year the village was founded*. I would really like to frame this...can anyone help me edit it? I really want to make the colors pop, especially the sky..I want it BLUE!
June2BishopHillandWoodlawnPalace051.jpg

Very nice photos. I especially like the chandelier and the flag pole shots.

The chandelier shot is very dramatic; just draws you in and makes you look at all the details.

Your flagpole is pretty good in itself; but as you suggest, the sky could be a little more blue...

IMHO. :D

I really like these, the place looks really quaint. I grew up in Illinois and i've never heard of it? I like the chandelier and the pulpit. They both give a feel for the time period and are nice shots.

Oh yaaa! Another Illinoian. Welcome, and very nice posts.

I did a little VERY basic editing in Photoshop Elements to increase the blue for ya. Let me know if you like it !!
june2bishophillandwoodlgu5.jpg

Another IL native here too.
Nice photos. I've never been to Bishop Hill and I've lived in IL my whole life.

I'm in Spring Valley, which is right next to the Lasalle-Peru area.

I did a little VERY basic editing in Photoshop Elements to increase the blue for ya. Let me know if you like it !!
june2bishophillandwoodlgu5.jpg

I do like it, very much! Now if only I could figure out how to work my photoshop...lol!

Another IL native here too.
Nice photos. I've never been to Bishop Hill and I've lived in IL my whole life.

I'm in Spring Valley, which is right next to the Lasalle-Peru area.

And you want to hear what's really sad? I couldn't get there again if my life depended on it! Its near Kewanee though, about 1/2 hour from there if you know where Kewanee is...

I'm near Peoria, by the way! Glad to see alot of Illinoisans on here! tee hee

But near outside Bishop Hill, there is this ridiculously cool looking house that is actually built INSIDE a hill...I've posted a couple pictures of it for you all to see...I thought it was really cool....energy efficient too....I'd just worry about the snow drifts!

June2BishopHillandWoodlawnPalace060.jpg

June2BishopHillandWoodlawnPalace061.jpg

I did a little editing to this one, hope you don't mind :)

original:
June2BishopHillandWoodlawnPalace027.jpg

edit:
4ko17k8.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back