Black and white - beware! Just like driving!

Fangman

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Magpie-1.jpg

Deafened by pinking blackbird alarm signals when the magpie arrived at the table after I had watched it trying to suss out where the nests were round the garden - everything else kept their heads down.​

Hooo, he's a big fella, isn't he? I can't imagine the locals are willing to take him on.

Do you get a lot of magpies at your feeders?

Ah, don't I know the blackbird alarm signals oh! so well?
We get them all the time, and often had I thought it was Mia's presence out there in the garden that drove all the blackbirds out there to distraction, but then I saw Mrs Magpie hop across the lawn yesterday night and I knew: "Uh-oh, not always it is Mia, it is mostly Mrs Magpie!" I could not bring myself to yank the camera out, though... you did, and here you are: with a good magpie pic.

thats probably only one of about 3 photos I've ever seen of Magpies, no one ever seems to photograph them, shame really because they are a nice looking bird

For its size and reputation - like most bullies - they are cowards and one of the first to move away when signs of humans. Very wary near to the house - had pictures of them on the lawn but they started to make a very early morning raid on the table so I was waiting!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back