fadingaway1986

I Burn Easily :(
Reaction score
Website
www.06photography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay - I need to ask this...

I have a Canon film rebel which is silver and a 300D which is black...

I just want to know why people say black cameras are more professional...

Pretty much - my black camera pisses me off cause it shows up all the dust! and that annoys me, cause theres dust all over it and i'm forever wiping it...

So - why Black?

It's just personal preference...
Right now, more of the professionals preffer black. So, they say "Black is more professional"
I have seen many professional photographers using silver cameras... Like I said, it's only personal preference.

Remember that artists are very conserned about little things like this... that is why there are so many different variations. ;)

I personally prefer the black because I think it looks nicer. Although I do end up with all my makeup over the viewfinder. Hmmm maybe that's a hint to wear less makeup.

the reason black is considered 'more proffessional' is because a couple decades ago when most of the bodies were silver, the metal on the bodies would give off reflections of the lights in the photographer's studios. they would actualy get special black tape and tape over the silver parts of the camera to prevent it. ever since then, black bodies have been considered more proffessional. so, unless you are really picky, it's just a personal preference.

i guess in some way its a cosmetic thing. I prefer black, but mainly its not that silver does not look professional for me its the fact that silver is camera bodies are coated plastic and I have seen them show wear or even wear off the silver. Black is black there is no coating. Now if they made a true metal skinned body I would like to see that. I guess the coolest camera I ever saw other than black was years ago when minolta made the 8000i in a white body which had a white pearl like finish. now that looked cool.

They even made one or two lenses in white and a flash in white.

photogoddess said:
Does Canon even make a pro level camera in silver? :scratch:

Exactly what I was thinking...

But yeah like everyone else said it's your personal preference. I was looking at used Rebel's for a while before getting the xt and the thing I noticed on the silver ones were the wear marks on them...sometimes light scratches or just wear from holding the camera. The black may show dust, but you really can't tell where you hand has been gripping it :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back