Blogs and Websites

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by paigegreen916, Sep 29, 2008.

1. paigegreen916

paigegreen916 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I'm just starting out and was wondering if anypros out there had any advice on promoting your blog and/or website? are there specific search engines you pay for? paper distribution? i just need to get more of my foot in the door. let people know i'm out there.

2. tirediron

tirediron Watch the Birdy! Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Huge topic! Your best bet for promoting on-line stuff if you can't afford to hire a pro to design a fully optimized website, is to attend a workshop or seminar at a local college/adult-ed facility. There's a huge number of factors which contribute to your rankings on search engines. As far as advertising goes, look at local sites in your area where you can post ads on-line (Craig's List) as well as reciprocal link sites (You host my link, I host yours) and guild-type sites. I belong to two different web associations which for a very minimal fee allow me to have my site listed on their fully optimized site.

Paper is a different animal entirely. Anywhere you see a business card exchange/posting board, leave a card. Check your area for papers which offer free or inexpensive classified ads.