Blue Reflection

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by ccd333, Oct 12, 2004.

1. ccd333

ccd333 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Nymph Lake, Rocky Mountain National Park....very early morning of October 10th.

[​IMG]

2. 2Stupid2Duck

2Stupid2Duck TPF Noob!

Nice. Don't think I would change anything.

3. ccd333

ccd333 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thanks, Duck. I've had others state they thought the trees and shoreline need more light and detail. I disagreed for this early in the morning. It was that dark and the focus should be on the peaks and the reflection. Lightening up the trees beyond the sun hitting the tops only served to de-emphasize that focus. I don't feel like EVERY image needs to be perfectly exposed throughout to be good. I was trying to capture the moment.

4. Karalee

Karalee hOtLiPs!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Nice!!! I like it as is.

5. crystalview

crystalview TPF Noob!

I like this...very nice. The only comment I have is that I might agree that the trees maybe deserve a bit more detail...not much but a little. It seems like the middle of the photograph is just too black. Maybe more reflection from the trees on the water surface. Just my preference.

Still a great photo. Nice job.

6. John E.

John E. TPF Noob!

Very good! I agree the reflection and the mountains are the main attraction in the picture. To lighten i think you would loose that wonderful blue in the reflection and the tone in the sky and maybe blow out the top of the mountain...May be able to get the detail in the trees with PS, but I am just learning so I don't know. Not sure why people want morning and evening shots to be perfectly exposed throughout....after all it is dark at those times :scratch:

Your picture is extremley crisp.....Care to spill the beans on how you achieved that?

7. Tuna

Tuna Supermodel

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Very nice. Sharp and crisp - good contrast. The pads(?) floating in the water add greatly to the overall image. I agree about not lightening - in fact, I would be tempted to burn-in the shoreline to the point where it doesn't show at all.

Good job.

Tuna

8. Je-C

Je-C TPF Noob!

Great photo. I'll have to agree with Tuna on the burning in of the shore just to get rid of it. I happen to like a change, where the middle of the photo is really dark, yet the sky, treeline, mountain, and reflection are nice and crisp aside from the normal, small ripples. It made me want to take a breath of a cold mountain air in the morning.

9. ccd333

ccd333 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Wow, what a stark contrast (so to speak) from others who have seen it. Thanks for all of the comments. I think I'm going to leave it as is.

Cruzin, the crispness is from the internal processor in the Sony DSC-W1 camera. It takes extremely sharp pics.....almost to a fault at times. The rest is all the wonderful clear skies that are typical of this area.

Tuna, yes those are lily pads....and this is the only lake of several in the area that have them. Not sure why.

10. JonMikal

JonMikal TPF Noob!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :salute: :salute:

11. ajmall

ajmall TPF Noob!

fantastic. its the kind of photo that makes u want to sit in the spot where u took it for hours. what equipment did u use?

12. ccd333

ccd333 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    aj, I used a Sony DSC-W1 camera. For a point and shoot it takes amazingly sharp photos. Tripod as well. That's it. This is definitely one of those cases where the scenery itself is the standout. Not the photographer! :D