Blurry photo, please help!

gongze

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$test.jpg
I just got my Nikon AF NIKKOR 50mm F1.8D Standard Lens + iPhone 4 SLR Mount (from photojojo), I have a hard time focusing and the photographs seem to look more grainy/splotchy than the photo I take with just iPhone 4. I have locked the focus on the focusing screen according the manual, I was also very steady when I shot the photo (I also used tripod in some shots, they are as blurry as this one) Any idea what I have done wrong?
Also, photojojo website said it can be dirty focusing screen, how can I clean it using soft cloth? Do I suppose to just rub it on the focus screen?
Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• $Photo 4-09-12 7 33 56 PM.jpg
    $Photo 4-09-12 7 33 56 PM.jpg
    716.9 KB · Views: 189
I believe if you swap the iphone with a regular Nikon DSLR (with focus motor build-in), you will have a better result. The grainy photo was the result of the camera phone (sensor).

I honesty do not understand why someone would even bother to do this! If you want good photos, get a DSLR and learn to use it. No matter what the manufacturers would have you believe.... it is a phone first, a music player second... and then maybe a camera as well as a several other things...

$249 Cha-Ching for the iPhone 4 SLR Mount? Wow!

Flange Focal Distance differences between Nikon cameras and your cell phone require the adapter have a way to compensate. That compensation is likely what is causing your issues.
Flange focal distance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Plus, the iPhone optics are also still in the way and not helping any.

Image sensor size affects depth-of-field and the image sensor in the iPhone is miniscule. The smaller image sensors get the deeper the DoF

The quality of the photographic components of the iPhone would not be nearly as good as that of a regular camera. If picture quality is an issue, then perhaps acquiring a better quality camera would be a good idea. Camera phones are not meant for professional quality photography.

you would still have to manually focus that lens..im guessing the iphone wont AF those external lenses. maybe your just not focusing well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back