boat house

vonnagy

have kiwi, will travel...
Reaction score
Website
www.vonnagy.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
it was a bit of crap day for photography for me today :(, i took over 150 shots and only 3 keepers. blech.. to top if off, i was in a really beautiful area :(

anyways, heres the best of the crop today. might go and have another look later on to see if any others can be salvaged.

lighting was coming and going.. this one turned out ok, but not the best i've done:
IMG_6038.jpg

this an old boat house, i kinda dig the lighting:
IMG_6001.jpg

Nice shots Mark, as usual.

On the first one- have you tried some vertical crops around the path/tree? While pretty, there isn't really much going on in the left half of the frame. Cropping it adds some mystery to it I think.

That tree looks like it thinks it needs to hold that shed down in case the wind blows. Great shot!

Hey Mark,

If I had keepers like your keepers - I'd be thrilled. Once again you've posted some inspiring work.

thanks for the comments. it just frustrating, i went to one of the most beautiful places i've been too (rangitoto) and most of my pics are subpar. :(

photobug said:
Nice shots Mark, as usual.

On the first one- have you tried some vertical crops around the path/tree? While pretty, there isn't really much going on in the left half of the frame. Cropping it adds some mystery to it I think.

That tree looks like it thinks it needs to hold that shed down in case the wind blows. Great shot!

good suggestion on the path, thanks!

vonnagy said:
thanks for the comments. it just frustrating, i went to one of the most beautiful places i've been too (rangitoto) and most of my pics are subpar. :(
You are not alone my friend. I've also experienced this. I really hate it when I go to a great place but I can't seem to capture the greatness about it.

Although these two pictures are still nice. I like the barren feeling I get from the first one. Your colors are great as usual.

Interesting, interesting.... I like your eye. Don't beat yourself up over a subpar outing; you seldom have them and they're part of the whole gig.

That boat house almost looks like it has a neon strip on it, my photoshoppy friend.....should that line be toned down a bit??

And you said there were 3 keepers....I want to see #3 too! :p

hey, not baaaad , mister Nice!

first one:

i agree here....cropping is a good idea, my fav crop would be a square crop, i think....i mean - to crop a left side and a bit(a bit!)of right,the horizont would be at the center than, but with the square frame it would stand, i suppose...

second one:

hmmm....i like the pic..., i mean - i like the boat house, i like the tree, but something distracts me here.....im not sure, but i think this is the sky(right side sky)...i think the sky is too bright, its too competitive for a boat house(which is a main subject :) )... im not sure how far you would like to go with 'PS help', but darker,nave blue sky would intensify the glow of the boat houses roof and add a 'mood' to a pic. (IMHO :twisted: )

anyway....they're not bad, mark! :D
ah, and i would love to see the #3 keeper too!

Great job as always. The depth of colors is excellent and so is the shadowing. My favorite of the two is of the cabin. It almost wants to tell me something.. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back