Book Recommendations (non-photography)

squirrels

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Based on your other books,

Anything by

Roger Zelazny
Robert Heinlein
Larry Niven
Jerry Pournelle

and a few thousand others!

If you like some good Fantasy, check out Moning's Faefever series!

I didn't mention Reading as a hobby.. because it is more like a lifestyle! lol! ;)

I have learned that Books tend to be a very personal thing. I was swapping book suggestions with a friends and she recommended some teenager vampire book series and... I am embarrassed to even say it "50 Shades of Grey"... and after giving both a shot I have learned not to take her recommendations.

I like Martha Wells. She tends to be very imaginative thought some of the other elements of her writing are lacking. "Cloud Roads" was good and now I am reading "Death of the Necromancer" also quite engaging.

Michael Crichton is good too.

Thanks for the leads Charlie and Photographiend! I bought a few post apocolyptic books and now amazon's "recommended for you" went down this weird rabbit hole. I followed it a little and it won't let it go. So the new leads are totally appreciated.

LOL! Just think about how much better you know your friend now! My mom told me one of her friends was reading "Fifty old people". I was like "Mom, I don't think that's the right name, but don't tell me details if you decide you are way into it."

C

If you like thrillers, I highly recommend Christopher Smith's 5th Avenue series. Really awesome.

Haha... No kidding. Funny thing is before I got the book I asked my friends on FB and like 6 of them were all "Best Book Ever!"

Needless to say now that I know what it is... I'm a little O_O... "I don't know you people"

Thanks guys. These should make me even less productive than I already was.:er:

Thanks guys. These should make me even less productive than I already was.:er:

Try Zelazny's Amber series... or Niven's Ringworld! Or Heinleins Number of the Beast....You might like....

This a a young man I know that wrote a an amazing story about his life. Read this, you will be glad you did ...plus you will be helping a young inspiring author.

Into the Darkness You ShineAn Inspirational True Story About a Young Man who, After Losing Both Parents, Found Redemption Through His Heavenly Father.
By CURTIS RICE

The Professor and the Madman: A Tale of Murder, Insanity, and the Making of the OED. Simon Winchester
[h=2][/h]

The Professor and the Madman: A Tale of Murder, Insanity, and the Making of the OED. Simon Winchester

I read this a few years ago and it's wonderful. What a tale! You can't make up stuff like this.

Cliche I know but I am always a fan of Stephan King's latest.

I was a huge Stephen King fan from the beginning, read everything he wrote and still think that The Stand is one of the best books ever. But over the last 10 years or so, I've just lost interest in his work. I finished the Gunslinger series since I had so much time invested in it, but when he announced that the last book wasn't the last book, I thought, 'it was for me'

"Treasure Island". Must-read for all, basically.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back