bored, lonely bird

A very interesting shot. I like the comp and the lines....it's too bad you can't see more detail of the bird, but your title certainly fits.

It is an interesting shot - the telegraph pole and the wires against the sky are the subject for me, rather than the bird, who in some ways is actually a bit distracting. If it was more prominent then it might work better, but I do like the shot a lot.

What i can only describe as beautiful silhouette. More tranquil than bleak.

The bird just seems to be having a little rest before carrying on with his (or her, sorry!) gang to go and bother some little finches over a bowl of nuts.

Personally the sky does it for me. Moody.

Personally I find the crossing wires a bit distracting; they keep leading my eyes away from the bird. Aside from that I like it. The pole and the wires against the cloudy sky look good.

Nice concept. but I feel the pole needs to be straightened, there is a lot of dead space to the right, I would try cropping so the pole becomes part of the frame, making the picture a portrait, this should help to focus on the subject and the lines will have a better pattern.

thank you all for your critique!

i have a question, cruzin. and not in defense of my image, but because i want to learn :insert nerdy face here: !

if i cropped it to make it a portrait, wouldnt that lose the image's dreary, bleak tone and give it more of an active feeling?

Critique is always a matter of opinion, but what I see is a good pattern of lines on the left, and the bird nicely placed in a portrait shot with lines leading and opening away from the bird. Yes it would make the picture more active but at the same time more coherent. The bird would still be alone on the wire but more pleasing to the eye.

Most reactions

Back