Boston area folks and meetup?

I know, I was thinking that. :D

Any word on the meet? I'm looking forward to some fun shooting :mrgreen:

Well I was starting to think we should wait 'till spring, but it does seem like we have about 10 people here.

What do we think? Do we want to do a crash around the city kind of thing? We could do...

- Boston daytime shoot
- Boston nighttime shoot
- Leaf peeper shoot (may want to go to NH for that)
- Local scenic shoot... (I've been meaning to get out to the forts on the islands near the city- never been and figured it would be a cool place to shoot, but there's also Old North Bridge and such)

Let's discuss and I'll talk to the wife and see if I can go out and play. :lol:

i may have to talk to the wife

I'll talk to the wife and see if I can go out and play

She's got you on a tight leash, huh! :lol: j/k

I could do a nighttime shoot sometime next week, Tuesday (10/21) would be really good for me. Otherwise we can do a trip out to New Hampshire on a Saturday or Sunday (this weekend doesn't work for me, but next is good). I have a car and am in the city, so we can get a group together and ride together.

In truth, I didn't mean it had to be a foliage trip... was just an idea.

We could do Boston itself, we could do a Boston night run, we could do something in the Boston area, etc.

There are so many historic and scenic areas around the area it's really amazing.

Hell I drove by a shipyard right near 95 in RI that had some big rusty tug and fishing boats up on drydock that looked AMAZING... I could have probably spent 5 hours taking pictures just around that place.

I must be sooooo burned out. I work around that stuff every day. I have lost the "its interesting" inspiration to shoot rusty shipyard stuff.

She's got you on a tight leash, huh! :lol: j/k

I could do a nighttime shoot sometime next week, Tuesday (10/21) would be really good for me. Otherwise we can do a trip out to New Hampshire on a Saturday or Sunday (this weekend doesn't work for me, but next is good). I have a car and am in the city, so we can get a group together and ride together.

My wife would probably tell you that I'm overly worried about her and whether or not I can go play with the boys... in truth, I think she's right. I just hate leaving her alone with the screaming monsters... er... children.

I'm feeling kinda stupid with this whole thing because I don't really know what we should do... I should probably PM everyone and setup a poll for people's preferences. I have to lead a group of people all day long at work, I'm no good at doing this on a forum. :lol:

I must be sooooo burned out. I work around that stuff every day. I have lost the "its interesting" inspiration to shoot rusty shipyard stuff.

Really? What do you do?

I'm feeling kinda stupid with this whole thing because I don't really know what we should do... I should probably PM everyone and setup a poll for people's preferences. I have to lead a group of people all day long at work, I'm no good at doing this on a forum. :lol:

I feel like we just need to set up a few times, and whoever wants to get together can. It's unlikely that we'll get everyone at once - since coordinating a few peoples' schedules is hard enough. Instead of trying to plan this epic event that everyone in Boston will attend, let's just throw a few dates out there and see if we meet a few faces.

I'll go ahead - next Tuesday (October 21st) I'm planning on roaming around Boston - weather permitting - for some night shots of city scenes, starting around 7pm. If anyone wants to join me, let's do it. I live about a block away from the Boston Commons.

^^^ yeah, thanks for that. I was just about to post saying I simply have been too busy to try to coordinate anything and wanted to know if anyone else wanted to take a shot. I'll do my best to be there.

I may try to meet up with you for the Tuesday thing. I'm actually debating taking a sick day from work and wandering around the city during the day as well, so maybe I'll do that on Tuesday.

Can't make Tuesday but please post up if another date comes up. Also look forward to seeing shots from next Tuesday's shoot

No, unfortunately I've been too crazy busy to even attempt to coordinate something. :lol:

The good thing is we're at least getting some of the names of the locals here so when I (or anyone else) has time we can PM folks. For me, it's not going to be until at least the spring. Work just went nnnnnnnnnnuts on me. Down economy and my company has cash so we buy up companies like wild. lol

I'm from New Hampshire but I am in Boston at least a couple of times per week - and I will be moving to the People's Republic of Cambridge very shortly to open a branch of my business - I'd love to get together if you haven't decided on something already.

Should we just be checking back on this forum to see what has or has not been planned?

It sounds like fun - as long as I am not the only major amateur in a sea of pros! :)

Awesome! Welcome!

Yeah, check here on occasion (or just subscribe to the thread). We haven't planned anything yet, but I figure when I do have time I'll likely send everyone a PM/email as a heads up. I, personally, have been too busy to actually set something up yet, but that doesn't mean someone else in the group can't do it.

Most reactions

Back