Boudoir-NSFW

not to be too knitpicky. but how exactly can you have a bourdoir set outside?

wow I learned a lot in the thread. I don't have any experience on the subject so I won't try and pretend. I do agree with the makeup comments though. Keep it up!

not to be too knitpicky. but how exactly can you have a bourdoir set outside?

okay, my bad maybe I should have just said sexy near nude pictures . . . like I said, not my norm . . . I didn't realize there were a set of rules on what to call the series.

Like French wines, there are certain expectations that come with this variety. Boudoir is a very specific, classical style which dates back to the very earliest days of photography.

Like French wines, there are certain expectations that come with this variety. Boudoir is a very specific, classical style which dates back to the very earliest days of photography.
Which might, just might have a little something to do with the meaning of the word "boudoir"!

I hate to be negative TC; I normally really enjoy your work, and as a guy, of course I'm a fan of boudoir work, but these just don't seem 'you'.

Dang iphone - my lengthy post has been eaten up by the interweb google machine. Sigh.

As far as the terminology, I see both photographers and clients alike interchanging "boudoir" for nearly any type of sexy lingerie clad photos. We have a local here who
advertises boudoir, but he shoots 100% in a studio with no set.

As for me, I shoot "boudoir" in bedrooms, livingrooms, on kitchen tables, in warehouses, barns, you name it. Anywhere suitable for a roll in the hay is boudoir enough for me :sexywink:

When it comes to locations, hotels can be great. The downfall is that when you have a marathon day running, you still need space for hair and makeup to set up. When the room you are renting is $200-$600 a night, that takes a big chunk out of the profits. I prefer to rent B&B's or private homes which privide more space, more variety, a comfortable atmosphere, and are usually a fraction of the cost. For the high end locations, I add on a "luxury location charge" of $50-$100 to the session fee. I only book those a couple times a year, and those that want them will wait for them.

I hate to be negative TC; I normally really enjoy your work, and as a guy, of course I'm a fan of boudoir work, but these just don't seem 'you'.

I truly couldn't agree more. It was so hard for me to shoot these. I photograph children and families because I LOVE children and families. I feel I have a passion for these genres, and when I'm on a session, I have so much fun talking to and playing with my clients. The whole time I was doing this session, I felt out of my realm. This is a good friend of mine, and I probably would have sent anyone else to other photographers who specialize in this genre.

I think I'll stick to newborns, they are easy to shoot naked! Except they pee on my props! :lol:

Totally understood, thank you!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back