Breaking Rules

magicmonkey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I decided to have a go at breaking rules and seeing what I could come up with, took LOADS of really awful shots but also came up with this which I quite liked, it's out of focus and has motion blur but I thought it had a bit of a 'monet' vibe to it. Having said that I'm working nights at the moment and haven't slept properly in a week so I'd love some other peoples opinions...

thumb_IMG_8623.jpg

wow way to brake the rules! it actually works well :) esp with the bright colour. :thumbup: very photo/painting looking

Not bad! Looks like it might be fun to play with (effects-wise) in The GIMP or Photoshop.

Thanks guys!!

I've had a quick play with it in photoshop and found that it's such an unclear image already that any effects turn it into a blur and BW or sepia don't really work either as the shot is more in the colour than the tones. If you want to have a go at editing it then feel free, it's always good to see where other people would go with an image. :)

I think the reason it works (for me at least) is that it is sharply but blurred (if that makes sense). You still get the definite feel of sharpness and distinct edges but a nice blurred effect more like many overlapped pictures stacked slightly off.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back