Brides :)

you must be the most convincing photographer i know, to get a bride to lay down on a dirty floor on her wedding day - CONGRATS!

I for one don't understand why anyone (bride or photographer) would want this. What am I missing?

you must be the most convincing photographer i know, to get a bride to lay down on a dirty floor on her wedding day - CONGRATS!

I for one don't understand why anyone (bride or photographer) would want this. What am I missing?

Same reason anyone wants any photos of themselves as a bride, groom, whatever. They want to remember the day, and they want to have a photograph where they look hot. This photo does both, quite well. She will DEFINITELY remember the time she lay down on the bricks to get the photos, and she looks hot (partly because she looks hot, and partly because the photo's hitting some boudoir tropes pretty damn hard).

I have seen similar shots in some wedding fashion magazines! Who says it has to make sense, as long as a client wants / likes it? lol!

I have seen similar shots in some wedding fashion magazines! Who says it has to make sense, as long as a client wants / likes it? lol!

Ah, so someone did it before. See how much I miss by not reading bride magazines? At this point I would like to speculate that the original photographer and bride combo had some (now obscure) reason to do such a pose, and copycats have picked up on it.

Like the Gatoraide dumped on the winning coach, no matter the importance of the game just won. It was funny only once; the first time, and ever since then it has become de rigueur.

I will expect other wedding photographers to follow suit with that shot.

Ah, so someone did it before. See how much I miss by not reading bride magazines? At this point I would like to speculate that the original photographer and bride combo had some (now obscure) reason to do such a pose, and copycats have picked up on it.

Like the Gatoraide dumped on the winning coach, no matter the importance of the game just won. It was funny only once; the first time, and ever since then it has become de rigueur.

Don't they always... and wouldn't you say this is a more attractive "Trash the Dress" pose then many we have seen? lol!

Don't they always... and wouldn't you say this is a more attractive "Trash the Dress" pose then many we have seen? lol!

I was about ready to say have you seen the trash the dress poses lately??? I've seen girls put mud all over themselves and the dress so this is tame. On the pose Ive used it in boudair before and to me it flatters facial features well and most the girls like it because yes......they look hot. Nobody has to "follow suit" it's just what she liked and wanted for this session she wanted to be spicy!

For all those gasping at her on the ground...ever seen a "trash the dress" shoot? lol, going to do one or two of those this summer, looking forward to it. Muddy water if I can swing it. lol.

Maybe because they think it is fun. Who are we, or anyone, to dictate what one does for fun...whether we think it is fun or interesting is irrelevant.

I was about ready to say have you seen the trash the dress poses lately??? I've seen girls put mud all over themselves and the dress so this is tame. On the pose Ive used it in boudair before and to me it flatters facial features well and most the girls like it because yes......they look hot. Nobody has to "follow suit" it's just what she liked and wanted for this session she wanted to be spicy!
This must be the same girl in your B&W shot. I liked that one; I like this one, too. Same photo shoot, I'm guessing? Pretty girl, and you can be proud of learning so much and getting such good results from the session. :thumbup:

Yes, of course.

"Trash the dress" is another concept lost on me.

But as long as someone wants to do that, then do it with style and panache by all means.

Maybe because they think it is fun. Who are we, or anyone, to dictate what one does for fun...whether we think it is fun or interesting is irrelevant.

I admit to very often being the odd one out, and apparently I am vastly outnumbered on this thread as being the only one who doesn't understand the pose, but the term "fun" would never cross my mind in this case.

I admit to very often being the odd one out, and apparently I am vastly outnumbered on this thread as being the only one who doesn't understand the pose, but the term "fun" would never cross my mind in this case.

I'm one of the few left in the world who are comfortable in silence. I can go on a 3 hour car ride and not say a word...and be quite content. Yet others think I'm psychotic.

*shrugs*

lol, I stopped trying to figure out why others think things long ago.

Most reactions

Back