wolfepakt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.wolfecs.biz
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
WTD58.gif

Tell me do you photogs ever feel like saying that?

my favorite was the bride who left my studio with all the proofs but no negs, then called me within thirty minutes. Said I hate them all want my money back. I told her to have all the proofs back in thirty minutes and she could have her money back. I explained that they were numbered and I would know is she kept any. That I had no problem giving her money back but I wanted to make sure she did not go to walmart to make copies.

I never saw her or heard from her again..... I have no idea to this day what it was all about.

I won't shoot weddings, although I could make a fortune --- I just don't have the temperment for it....

I shot my first wedding a couple of weeks ago!!!!! but it wasn't doing photos ---- I was taking the video! eeek! That was nerve wracking... in itself - now my computer's playing up and I can't import it to edit it.... and I'm too scared to call the bride. :-(

memphis said:
I won't shoot weddings, although I could make a fortune --- I just don't have the temperment for it....

In my limited wedding experience as a photographer, and having just gotten married recently, I've come to realize if you don't have the temperment, you won't be raking in the cash.

It's all about attitude.

mysteryscribe said:
I'm only going to say this about making a fortune at it....

I never met anyone who made what I would call a fortune....

but everyone who ever started thought there was a fortune to be made at it.
not necessarily, some 'start' just because it's something they enjoy...although they might have thought that a fortune could be made.

I haven't met many wedding photographers...but I know that there definitely is a fortune ( I'm not sure what you all consider to be 'fortune'...I'm thinking $400k a year and up) to be made at it...you can make a fortune with just about anything. everytime I read articles on wedding photogs in magazines like professional photographer and rangefinder, they all seem to have made a 'fortune'.

In my area of the world a top end wedding is going for about 5k now and that's about triple what it was when I retired. And there are not going to be more than ten of those a year in this area, to be devided up by the photographers here. Most wedding here will average more like 2 to 3 k max and thats with all the reorders included. If you want to work on dec 10 you likely will be working cheaper than that.

A high volumn studio might do about forty weddings a year around here and that is very high volume for this area. So if that studio is doing 40 a year and he only does 5k weddings it 200k but.... there is nobody here that does that many wedding a year at that price. the high end wedding photographer here is more like max 100k... and that is a good living but not a fortune by any means.

And for the one man who is probably doing the 100k there are a hundred more doing 25k a year if that. and driving a taxi during the week.

So Like I said in thirty years, I never met one who made a fortune at it. There might be a thousand who do but not where I am. And a fortune in North carolina is not a fortune in LA or Dallas. But most of the guys who start have read rangefinder to.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back