Bridge of Sighs - A monochrome portrait for your review ;)

I am new to this so please take this for what it is. I am a fan of high contrast so to me the contrast could use a boost. Just a little mainly the area of her shirt, hand and pants. The watermark is a little too up front and distracting. I love the composition of the photo. The expression of the girl and the carvings on the bridge tells a great story. The framing with the bright bushes on the right and darkness on the left work great.

a tad too much sepia for my tastes (and I'm a fan of sepia in general). I think the sepia levels here make it just a tad bit 'mushy'

Nice shot, Bill!

I find the watermark to be distracting... not just saying that to be a dick, it is rather large, and really does draw the eye. Maybe knock the opacity down a bit more?

I like the sepia toning, but I think the whites could be a little brighter to give it more dimensionality.

I don't mind the size of your watermark, but it could be slightly more transparent.

Nice shot!

a tad too much sepia
I don't think it's a sepia at this point, rather warm tons rendering, but I agree, it does not fit here, highlights are to subdued. Mushy is a good word.

I can easily reduce transparency, and size of the watermark. Thank you for the comments. I did contemplate a bit more contrast, I thought the aged "muddy" look was a little different.

I did contemplate a bit more contrast, I thought the aged "muddy" look was a little different.
Well, this is only my opinion, but it is very different to view picture on LCD screen with bright backlight and will be different if you print it 16x20, put behind the glass and hang on the wall. Background if this pic, like for romantic portrait, is very busy and from normal viewing distance picture might become even "muddier". However in color it might be quite different story.

Most reactions

Back