bridge shot- C&C please!

doylie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
DSC_0361.jpg

Personally I think the road behind the bridge would have been a better subject. The bridge doesnt really add anything to the shot. Is almost claustrophobic feeling with the side going so far up the image. I would say if you want to keep the bridge in the photo back up so you can see front of the bridge in the photo also change the perspective so that your not so low and have such a confining feeling with the sides.

any better?

DSC_0386.jpg

DSC_0358-1.jpg

i'm not loving the bridge shot so much anymore....

Yes and yes for me anyway I would still rather see the front of that bridge in the second shot anyway. Another thing you can do is stand back further and zoom through the bridge making sure the bridge is still there to focus on the road behind it. Also you may want to consider B&W conversion on these

If the subject is the bridge, then the 2nd bridge shot is better. But overall I prefer the shot without the bridge.

that's a good idea! i kinda like it like this!

DSC_0358-2.jpg

The blown out sky and snow kill these for me in a way, so going b&w (or a mild sepia, for that matter) seems to help things just a bit.

But I still prefer the vanishing point in the "path-only"-photo, without the bridge.

thank you guys so much for the feedback... very helpful!

the b/w is much better. i tell ya what, bridges are some hard subjects to shoot. you woulnt think it is, but it is just really hard to get a good angle. with that being said, i think you did pretty good job

Most reactions

Back