Bridge view vs Photoshop view

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by paula8080, Mar 12, 2011.

1. paula8080

paula8080 New Member

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi. I actually have two questions. The first: why do my images look good (and they match what comes back from the lab) in Photoshop but look completely different if I open them in Bridge? Second is--if I take a TIF file and open it in Camera Raw format and tweak it in the exact same manner in Elements vs CS5, when I view the images side by side (in the same program), they look completely different? Thanks.
  2. KmH

KmH Helping photographers learn to fish

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +4,055 / 0
    Bridge is just an image file browser. It is designed to work with most of the other applications is Adobe's Creative Suite, not just Photoshop. Photoshop is a raster graphics application while most of the other Creative Suite applications are vector graphics.

Which version of Ps Elements? Camera Raw isn't a format, it's a Raw converter.
    All versions of Ps Elements uses a truncated (de-featured) version ACR, and the rendering and demosaicing algorithms are also truncated, which is likely why they look different.

All Raw converters use somewhat different algoritms. If you have a Nikon camera and open your Raw files in Capture NX, Camera Raw CS5, and Camera Raw Elements 9, all 3 would look different. If you used 5 different Raw Converters you would see 5 different versions of the same Raw image file.

Ps Elements 9 uses the consumer version of ACR 6.x, while older versions of Ps Elements use older, but still truncated versions of ACR. CS5 and Lightroom 3 use the same full version of ACR 6.x