BroadwayPhoto - People say scam?

prodigy2k7

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Everybody says this place is a scam, deals are way too good to be true. I was flipping through PC Photo Magazine, it has two pages (left side and right side) full of broadway photo junk?!?! Why would PCPhoto allow them to be advertised in their mag if its a piece of crap site?

My guess would be because they (Broadway) pay the advertising rates charged by the magazine. The magazine doesn't vet or guarantee in any way the people who advertise with them, I wouldn't think

Everybody says this place is a scam, deals are way too good to be true. I was flipping through PC Photo Magazine, it has two pages (left side and right side) full of broadway photo junk?!?! Why would PCPhoto allow them to be advertised in their mag if its a piece of crap site?

I think Antarctican is correct, they are paid their going rate for advertising, I'm sure they don't investigate or research their advertisers to make sure they are legit, as I'm sure is standard with most companies.

I think from what I've seen of the company firsthand, resellerratings.com's rating of them, and this website's catalogue of shady storefronts in and around Brooklyn http://donwiss.com/pictures/brooklynstores/, I wouldn't ever consider for a second purchasing a thing from them.

Read the fine print in the magazines.... any of them.

It essentially states that they are not responsible for the actions of the advertisers in the magazine.

its pure profit driven.... and nowhere does it state they are endorsed.

Yep it is a case of the money makes them not care wether they are thieves.

Yep, I read on that.
And the Magazine 'Outdoor Photographer' has it too.

I just talked to a guy who deals with their "ravaged customers" all the time

Save your money, buy form J&R or a reputable place in NY

Just type in "purchase camera" on yahoo. Some of their sponsored links are scam sites. That and places like nexttag.com link you to scam sites.

I e-mailed yahoo.com about it and they just said that they can't confirm other people's bad experiences with the advertising retailer...what a load of crap.

A little research go's a long way. I looked at them originally but after some research, I read about all the scams, I staid away.

I used to run adds in magazines and will tell you first hand, all they want is your money. They don't verify anything.

The magazine doesn't really care whether or not the shop is a scam. They're not responsible and they're getting paid for the ad space, so why should they?

Well to me I would think that they care about their reputation. If I saw an ad for them in the magazine, and decided to buy something from broadwayphoto and then I get scammed, id be pissed and be like "screw you PCPhoto"

No the don't!

For every person that knows they are scamming, there are 100 that are foolish enough to not do their homework. They do not care about that 1 person, all they care about are the other 100 people that they can swindle and cheat.

The BBB has HUNDREDS of complaints from people scammed by this and other places and they don't do much either... what would you want a magazine to do... care about you? The only thing they care about is that you plunk down your 5 bucks and carry that thing home. ;)

Sorry to say, but the world revolves not around the poles, but around the all-mighty-dollar.

Maddening to say the least, but thats a sad fact of life. Caveat Emptor!

Broadway photo and Sonic Cameras are scams there cameras/lenses are cheap but you have to buy lots of there overpriced acc. for ur order to ever go though. The adds in PCPHOTO are just money for PCPHOTO just that nothing more

Most reactions

New Topics

Back