broken bones

ferny

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.blueyedmuffin.co.uk
Hobbes' entry in the macro game reminded me of a question I've been meaning to ask.

When you break a bone (arm, leg, etc.) how much does it hurt? I've never broken one, only mashed a knuckle from hitting a wall in anger. I'd assume it hurts a lot. But some people do it all the time and don't seem to care. And some people deal with pain better than others.

Depends on what ya break. I've had broken toes, nose, wrist, vertabrate. But yes some folks have a really high pain threshold. The toes hurt but not that bad, nose...like a MF *****!!!! Wrist was pretty bad but the nose was worse. The neck...cracked vertebrate...still sucks!!!! The bone has healed but it still locks up about once a year...around winter time. Then I can't move for shite for the next week or two.

I've broken a few fingers, but that't it. If I remember correctly it didn't hurt so much at the time, but after they were taped up it hurt a bit. I know a few friends who have broken a leg and complained more about the itching from the cast than the pain.

collarbone, three fingers, rib, toe.

rib hurts the worst. by far. i bet the nose would suck bad.

now a torn muscle is the pits. its the highest of the high pain wise for me. when i had my DOUBLE hernia...i couldnt even walk for the first two weeks after the surgery.

m
d

mygrain said:
Depends on what ya break. I've had broken toes, nose, wrist, vertabrate. But yes some folks have a really high pain threshold. The toes hurt but not that bad, nose...like a MF *****!!!! Wrist was pretty bad but the nose was worse. The neck...cracked vertebrate...still sucks!!!! The bone has healed but it still locks up about once a year...around winter time. Then I can't move for shite for the next week or two.
How did you manage that one? Car crash?

MDowdey said:
when i had my DOUBLE hernia...i couldnt even walk for the first two weeks after the surgery.

m
d

How the hell did ya walk before the operation. Two of my compadres have had hernias and DAMN those dudes were in so much pain.

The most painful hting I've ever experienced is a kidney stone. It clogs up my left kidney and my body went into shock. OMG I was freaking and flopping around on the floor like a fish out of water...turning all sorts of colors. The third morphine shot finally knocked the pain out. Ugh I was in the hospital for 4 days. That sucked and I wouldn't wish it on anyone...well maybe a few folks but no one here :D !!!

ferny said:
mygrain said:

LOL wrestling with my girlfriend. She jumped me from behind and hyper-extended my neck forward and it cracked. Oh it sucked...not the ass woopin but the crack. :D

mygrain said:
MDowdey said:
when i had my DOUBLE hernia...i couldnt even walk for the first two weeks after the surgery.

m
d

How the hell did ya walk before the operation. Two of my compadres have had hernias and DAMN those dudes were in so much pain.

lets just say, not very well. my hernia was a double, which means that there were two holes one on top of the other. all in all about 6.5 inches of tear. at the time i had the surg. i was running the risk of having "the boys" get contricted in the opening. well, fastforward almost three years...i have 7 inches of screen door(prolene mesh) in my side and im and now called robocop in some coutries...

ladies, watch out! im bionic!!!

md

MDowdey said:
mygrain said:
MDowdey said:

m
d

lets just say, not very well. my hernia was a double, which means that there were two holes one on top of the other. all in all about 6.5 inches of tear. at the time i had the surg. i was running the risk of having "the boys" get contricted in the opening. well, fastforward almost three years...i have 7 inches of screen door(prolene mesh) in my side and im and now called robocop in some coutries...

ladies, watch out! im bionic!!!

md

much pain now?

mygrain said:
ferny said:
mygrain said:

LOL wrestling with my girlfriend. She jumped me from behind and hyper-extended my neck forward and it cracked. Oh it sucked...not the ass woopin but the crack. :D
Kinky. :shock:

i can actually forecast the weather pretty good now. and yes, if i run too long, my right leg will go numb. but the boys are ok :wink:

MDowdey said:
i can actually forecast the weather pretty good now. and yes, if i run too long, my right leg will go numb. but the boys are ok :wink:

Im with ya on the weather predictions. Skateboarding and mountain biking mishaps helped with it too.

Ferny...maybe kinky...no, more like ornery. If I get her wound up enough she hits pretty damn hard and she likes to kick too. I've had a busted lip or two but it's a "love" blood letting :D Very similar to stirring a cat up and letting it do rabbit kicks with claws on yer arm while it chews the hell out of yer hand. Fun for the whole family.

Most reactions

Back