Brother portrait.

Feedusafetus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Came out super well, other than his hair sticking out. Had to get rid of food stains on his mouth, so I brushed around his lips with reduced contrast, seems to have done the job very well.

Shot on an 85mm 1.8, D800.

_DSC6727 by Logan Murphy, on Flickr

Remove the blue color cast and CA, it'll look better.

Joe

brother.jpg

Stark, realistic, a portrait in which the subject seems to directly confront the viewer. A good example of a type of portrait that has been around a long time.

Came out super well,
The pose and frame is not doing him any favors. Hair sticking out is probably the least of it. Shallow DOF, head and neck emphasized, 2-day accumulation of whiskers, flat lighting, odd shape in background. Why do I not care about the hair sticking out? Anyway, I'm glad you had the foresight to fix the food stains. Thank you.

I think this would make a better black and white than a color portrait. As for the lighting, it's not flat; it actually contours his features quite nicely, and I like the shallow depth of field. The pose is strong and almost challenging to the viewer. As you pointed out, the hair is the only thing I would correct in post.

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

Somewhere in between your shot & Joe's edit might look more natural on the skin tone.
I really like it! I feel he's giving me the stare down

I'm with Dan on trying a B&W version. I like the slightly raised right eyebrow.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back