Bryce Canyon, UT - in color IR (dialup killer!)

terri

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
At the risk of being repetitive, I was given some Kodak EIR as a gift before I went on vacation to Las Vegas and Utah a couple weeks back. I popped the Vegas shots in the alternative forum, but figured these are landscapes - just in color IR. Jeff - these are for you, too! :hug::

A side note: Bryce Canyon is a beautiful place, otherworldly and majestic. Go see it! :)

I am keeping the images smaller cause there's so many. Hopefully the feel of the place still shows through!

Kodak EIR, rated 100, yellow filter used on all except where noted otherwise, shot with Pentax ME and a variety of prime lenses. ;)

BryceEIR7.jpg

BryceEIR6.jpg

BryceEIR5.jpg

BryceEIR4.jpg

BryceEIR3.jpg

BryceEIR1.jpg

I used an orange filter here:

BryceEIR.jpg

BryceEIR2.jpg

Thanks for looking! :)

Wow Terri, these are some killer shots. Number 2, 7, and 8 could be calendar pics. Great job!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

how much for a print of the last one?

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING.

sigh...

geez, what an awesome place to visit.

i like the orange filtered one and last the best.

Dang, you guys, thank you!! :blushing: You have no idea how I sweated over this stuff, from trying to get through the Atlanta airport security to just shooting it while feeling totally clueless!

JonMikal: I have several more shot through the orange filter. I like them a lot, they just required a bit more PS editing to ease some of the greenish hue, and I'm lazy. :lol: As I play with them some more I'll post them. Thank you!

Matty: thank you very much, we'll chat!

Thanks for the kind words, Chiller! :)

Really cool effects, I have to say I love the look of the orange filter as well. Neat stuff and I'm glad it made it through security safely!

AlisonPower said:
Really cool effects, I have to say I love the look of the orange filter as well. Neat stuff and I'm glad it made it through security safely!
I bet you are, since you had to listen to me squawking about it, plus my general jitters before using the stuff. :lol:

Thanks for the kind words! Okay, I guess I will have to play around more with the orange-filtered negs. :)

hey, thats photoshop! ;)

I like the sky in 1 and 8. Other than that 2, 6, 7 stands out!!

Wow really like your colors. Was wondering how those pale orange formations would turn out, like how they did. #s 1 thru 8 are my favorites.

I like 7 the best; most people wouldn't know you used an orange filter. The others have that derned blue cast, all too commonly found in high altitude color shots. Wonder what they would look like in Black and White properly filtered or adjusted?

Your pictures allow us to be there and smell the beauty. Keep up the good work!

www.jefferyraymond.com

Jeff Canes said:
Wow really like your colors. Was wondering how those pale orange formations would turn out, like how they did. #s 1 thru 8 are my favorites.
:cheer:

Thanks again. :D

Most reactions

Back