bugs eye view c&c pls

reznap

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Tried a really low perspective for a couple pics, with a shallow DOF. Was out that whole evening and took a bunch of bad pictures, haha. I'd enjoy some feedback on these two.

Tracks
tracks.jpg

Roots
roots.jpg

I like the second one the best. I almost wish there a was a bit more depth of field for some reason. Maybe because we get a brief glimpse as to what may lie ahead. Probably to the second root that's barely in focus is what I would have aimed for.

The first has potential but I'm not a huge fan of tilted images. I think it's distracting. That's just me though ;).

And neither of them scream 'bugs eye view'. Perhaps a large cat lol

I think you're both right. Thanks for the replies.

"Perhaps a large cat" haha

I like the DOF and angle on #1, it works for me.

#2 though, I agree with the other poster that the DOF should be a little deeper. We all know that railroad tracks follow a pattern, but not the roots. I guess thats why it works for the first, but not the second.

What lighting did you use on #2? It doesn't look like it's natural, but also not flash lol.

What lighting did you use on #2? It doesn't look like it's natural, but also not flash lol.

Good eye. The sun was to the left and getting pretty low, also there was a clearing to the left. The first root is lit by the popup flash actually, shot a few and thought it was too dark.. let me process one of the RAWs and I'll show you what I mean.

EDIT: Here's another... they were both done in f/9.. but since I focused so close the DOF is still really shallow..
What I liked about the scene was how the light shot straight up the path - darkness framed the path or roots. Just thought it was cool, too bad it didn't really come across like I wanted it to. Worst thing (for me) about blowing a good shot is the inability to re-take it under the same circumstances.
roots2.jpg

Last edited:
wow, I swear I took the same pic as in number 1 last Sunday!! Not that all tracks differ a alot from the inside. I should get a pic up of one of the ones I took. I guess Ohio and Michigan look about the same anyway!

edit: Must have deleted most of them, I have this one left though (should have deleted this one too!), don't mean to hijack your thread just wanted to throw it in.

_MG_7910.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back