Bunch a pics

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by John E., Nov 28, 2004.

1. John E.

John E. TPF Noob!

A large part of the town :)

[​IMG]

My parking lot

[​IMG]

Lake Froze over

[​IMG]

Egads! More Lake Superior shots, can't help myself....I just love this lake. :heart:

[​IMG]

And another. :p

[​IMG]

Well that was my sunday afternoon

2. railman44

railman44 TPF Noob!

I like the last one the best although all are good!

3. surfingfireman

surfingfireman TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Okay I have seen a number of posts by you on here and I just have to know where north of Superior you are. I am in Sault Ste Marie and boy, do alot of your pics look like they from just north of here.

4. Mo

Mo TPF Noob!

I also like the last one best.

5. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    All five of these are "Hey, wow!"-pictures, beginning with the "large part of the town" (is there nothing much but a phone booth?), where the "leaden sky" is so very impressive (oppressive?) - and on with that nice study of your parking lot (a parking lot?????? Where?) and one of my favourite elements in photography: a diagonal line - and some nice contrasts, too!

Then I arrived at the third and thought: Wow (I seem to think this often when I look at your pictures!), that sky again! And that fence, and the atmosphere, and the colours, scarce, but very present! Very much going with the season, too!

The fourth... and you can't do any other but go all "Awwww!" about this one - if I saw a scene like this in nature, I'd react in the same manner!

And then comes the last!
    And makes me think of Vonnagy (and makes me wonder where he is!?) That leaden sky, the glimpse of sunlight, the DIAGONAL (!) line of the golden dry grass, and the birch tree on the side - perfect.

(Mind you: there's several nice threads in the THEMES - don't groan just because it's "here goes LaFoto again" - where these could also go, like "Sky" or (the last one) "Birch trees").

6. Niki

Niki TPF Noob!

Great photos! :D

The two last ones are my favorities. :)

7. Picksure

Picksure TPF Noob!

I believe Cruzin has mentioned it, but the first one looks alot like "downtown" Marathon??

I love Superiors shore line, the last two are great.

8. John E.

John E. TPF Noob!

Thank you everyone

Surfingfireman, Picksure is correct the pictures are from Marathon and vicinity. From Marathon to ThunderBay the shore line is similar from Sault Ste Marie to Wawa.

Really glad you enjoyed the pictures Lafoto. That is pretty much half of the downtown, on the other side of the street is a small strip mall and a Canadian Tire store. Their are some other stores of course spread throughout the community. Most people here drive 3hrs to do thier shopping in Thunder Bay. We are kind of in the middle of a vast wilderness with a few small towns here and there.

The North Shore of Superior is just incredibal for scenic views/ wilderness and best of all very few people to spoil it, Lake Superior always looks fresh in my eyes as the weather and conditions around it are always changing.

As I was driving into to the my apartment parking lot, I noticed light was only shining on part of the fence, I thought it looked cool, along with the snow on the fence and trees so I tried to capture that.

Thanks again, and now that I have a premuim membership with photobucket I will use the theme section more often

9. JonMikal

JonMikal TPF Noob!

You're blowin' me away with your recent posts Cruzin! Amazing shots as always...everyone! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: You have a gift for making the simple look incredible! It's getting harder every post to keep up with you! :wink: Can't wait for more!!!

10. elrick

elrick TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    last one is great!

11. John E.

John E. TPF Noob!

Many thanks.

The way I see it, I have a ways to go to catch up to your diverse styles JonMikal, thanks for the compliment. :D

12. Algoessailing

Algoessailing TPF Noob!

I want to see some of those photos with your feet in that lake :lol: Does it ever get warm there!

edit: forgot this: love the last two