Butterfly

ClarkKent

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, this is definitely not the best pic, but I decided to post it anyways to see how I could do better. I am looking for critique on composition, color and overall presentation, or anything else you can think of.

Another-Butterfly.jpg

the colours are really nice.

Maybe cropping alittle off the right would be worth trying

It isn't bad, and your DOF is good here. But it seems to be more about the flower, which is better presented than the butterfly. He landed at a funny angle and doesn't show all that vibrantly. And it's very centered...a little more space to either side might help a little. :)

The only real problem is composition -- as odd as it sounds, when talking about a bug, I'd like to see a more frontal/facial(?) picture. That, and pictures of butterflies sitting on flowers aren't the most interesting to me.

Otherwise, technically, it's fine. You could probably add a little more DOF, but it's fine.

Moving around to the left a bit and at eye level would have benefited you with this shot.
Seems that almost all great shots of butterflies happen at eye level or from below the butterfly.
The comp in this shot is okay I guess, but the head of the butterfly is much closer to the left side of the frame than it should be. Seems to be a tad on the soft side also.
Colors, lighting, ......... nice! :)

Thank guys...your comments are well appreciated. I am going back to the butterfly house...and I will try to put these comments as a guide.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back