Buying second fuji body.. but which one?

Why don't just get a Sony RX 100 VII or an RX0 II? You aren't going to get smaller than the XT3 without going 1/2 inch sensor or micro 4/3rds

Why don't just get a Sony RX 100 VII or an RX0 II? You aren't going to get smaller than the XT3 without going 1/2 inch sensor or micro 4/3rds

This simply isn't true. Fuji has plenty of cameras smaller than the X-T3. I really enjoy the old school tactile feel and look of fuji cameras, and I also really enjoy their color science. I've almost entirely stopped shooting RAW these days because Fuji jpeg files are just so good.

The only thing smaller is an XT-30 by 1.5cm in height and 1cm wide. That's not what's going to be inconspicuous vs what you already have

Xe-3 (x pro 2 sensor and more options than xe-4), or Xt 30. You already have Fuji lenses so an x100 would not allow to use them.

Hey guys, looking for some advice. Admittedly I'm typing this out as much to help me sort my thoughts out as I am to ask for opinions, but here goes nothing:

Currently I own a Fuji X-T3 (and 10-24, 35 f/2, and 55-200). I'm looking to add a second body to the collection both as a backup, and a camera to keep free while my X-T3 is on the tripod waiting for the peak light.

Key points:

Budget: Up to $1500, but I might like to use some of that to get more glass as well.

Use: Backup to the X-T3, but also used as a secondary camera for handheld stuff. Also want to get into a bit more urban/street photography, so maybe something that works for that as well.

Other thoughts: Kind of thinking I might want this to be a lighter/smaller/simpler camera. Something to push me creatively in a more casual manner than I approach the X-T3 with. I also wouldn't mind having it be cheaper/older so that it can be my beater camera for tossing around or stuffing in the center console of my car to always have on hand. Weather sealing would probably be good, but isn't mandatory since I have the X-T3 for that if needed.

I'm literally looking at everything from the X-E2(s)/3 to an X-T2 or second X-T3, or even the X100 series cameras. I'm hesitant to buy an X100 series camera because of the non-detachable lens, but I also think going that direction might push my creative limits in a good way and force me to approach things differently.

The only thing I've ruled out entirely is the XT-10/20/30 series - I used to own an X-T20 and just didn't like the form factor.

For those of you who own multiple fuji cameras, what do you have, and what do you like about them? Does anyone own an X100 series camera with the fixed lens and have thoughts to share?

Investigate the X Pro 3. I know you said the budget was about $1500 but the camera is worth a look. I have one and use it as a "walk around " rig, 23mm lens. It's light and compact and the hybrid viewfinder is terrific. Controls easy to learn and use. I've been a Nikon and Leica guy since the early 60's and discovered the Fuji brand. Still use the others but love the Fuji. Another thing about the brand: customer service is excellent.
Good luck.

Hey guys, looking for some advice. Admittedly I'm typing this out as much to help me sort my thoughts out as I am to ask for opinions, but here goes nothing:

Currently I own a Fuji X-T3 (and 10-24, 35 f/2, and 55-200). I'm looking to add a second body to the collection both as a backup, and a camera to keep free while my X-T3 is on the tripod waiting for the peak light.

Key points:

Budget: Up to $1500, but I might like to use some of that to get more glass as well.

Use: Backup to the X-T3, but also used as a secondary camera for handheld stuff. Also want to get into a bit more urban/street photography, so maybe something that works for that as well.

Other thoughts: Kind of thinking I might want this to be a lighter/smaller/simpler camera. Something to push me creatively in a more casual manner than I approach the X-T3 with. I also wouldn't mind having it be cheaper/older so that it can be my beater camera for tossing around or stuffing in the center console of my car to always have on hand. Weather sealing would probably be good, but isn't mandatory since I have the X-T3 for that if needed.

I'm literally looking at everything from the X-E2(s)/3 to an X-T2 or second X-T3, or even the X100 series cameras. I'm hesitant to buy an X100 series camera because of the non-detachable lens, but I also think going that direction might push my creative limits in a good way and force me to approach things differently.

The only thing I've ruled out entirely is the XT-10/20/30 series - I used to own an X-T20 and just didn't like the form factor.

For those of you who own multiple fuji cameras, what do you have, and what do you like about them? Does anyone own an X100 series camera with the fixed lens and have thoughts to share?

Investigate the X Pro 3. I know you said the budget was about $1500 but the camera is worth a look. I have one and use it as a "walk around " rig, 23mm lens. It's light and compact and the hybrid viewfinder is terrific. Controls easy to learn and use. I've been a Nikon and Leica guy since the early 60's and discovered the Fuji brand. Still use the others but love the Fuji. Another thing about the brand: customer service is excellent.
Good luck.

I do a lot of live view shooting, so the x-pro 3 is out for me. But I have been considering an x-pro 2.

some X100 series :) (F or V) ... depends on what you want to do .. if you wanna shoot wildlife while waiting for your light with your other camera on tripod and all set, x100 won't certainly do a job .. but on the other hand why to just have two cameras from same class like x-t3 and x-h1 :D, just why :D ??

x100f just healed me from my camera backpacking obsession when I go for just a travel (business trip or just travel with family) .. I can just take for a travel 800 grams of it (including a little thing like lenspen) and that's it ..

X-Pro2 stocks vanished in Canada after the X-Pro3 roll-out: no discounts, no open box merch, nada. Now they've resurfaced at attractive discounts--around C$1500-1600 with a spare Fuji battery and OK quality 64gb card. Suspect they'll drift lower since I'm guessing Fujifilm.ca has inventory frozen by the Covid-19 sales slump. Shop around...The X-Pro3 is pricey and, well, kinda strange with weird back. The X-Pro 2 may just be the star in that series.

Hey guys, just wanted to give an update for those who helped me out in this thread. After spending some time soul searching on this issue and handling as many different fuji bodies as I could get my hands on, I ended up deciding on the X100V. I picked up a lightly used one with a bunch of accessories for a great price, and it should be here next week.

I went this route because:

1.) I want something small and compact that can stay with me nearly all the time and be my casual camera, but also have image quality that can keep up with my X-T3 when I'm using them side by side.

2.) The fixed lens will force me to spend a little more time thinking about my compositions, and less time worrying about whether a different lens would have been a better choice

3.) Weather sealing. If the X-E4 had it, I probably would have gone that route. I do a lot of hiking and backpacking, and really want this camera to be able to go with me in any weather without too much worry.

Most importantly, it's the camera that just spoke to me. For a reason I can't explain, I've always felt an emotional pull to the X100 series cameras and I decided that it's finally time to pick one up. Can't wait to get my hands on it and start making photos.

In the end, I know that I'll eventually pick up a second ILC camera as well... but hey, you can never have too many cameras. I also got a smoking deal on a used rokinon 12mm f/2, and I'm looking forward to using it as my go to astro lens this summer.

Thanks for your input everyone! I'll definitely share my experiences with the new gear as I start putting it through it's paces.

Hey guys, just wanted to give an update for those who helped me out in this thread. After spending some time soul searching on this issue and handling as many different fuji bodies as I could get my hands on, I ended up deciding on the X100V. I picked up a lightly used one with a bunch of accessories for a great price, and it should be here next week.

1.) I want something small and compact that can stay with me nearly all the time and be my casual camera, but also have image quality that can keep up with my X-T3 when I'm using them side by side.

2.) The fixed lens will force me to spend a little more time thinking about my compositions, and less time worrying about whether a different lens would have been a better choice

3.) Weather sealing. If the X-E4 had it, I probably would have gone that route. I do a lot of hiking and backpacking, and really want this camera to be able to go with me in any weather without too much worry.

Most importantly, it's the camera that just spoke to me. For a reason I can't explain, I've always felt an emotional pull to the X100 series cameras and I decided that it's finally time to pick one up. Can't wait to get my hands on it and start making photos.

In the end, I know that I'll eventually pick up a second ILC camera as well... but hey, you can never have too many cameras. I also got a smoking deal on a used rokinon 12mm f/2, and I'm looking forward to using it as my go to astro lens this summer.

Thanks for your input everyone! I'll definitely share my experiences with the new gear as I start putting it through it's paces.

You are gonna love it. Amazing camera and a joy to use. the image quality from that lens is stunning.

If your Rok is the same as my Samyang (which I believe they are the same lens) it’s a great astro lens but be aware on mine infinity focus is a bit off the mark. I marked mine with white nail polish to make it easier. You can’t beat the price.

If your Rok is the same as my Samyang (which I believe they are the same lens) it’s a great astro lens but be aware on mine infinity focus is a bit off the mark. I marked mine with white nail polish to make it easier. You can’t beat the price.

Same lens under a different name. Picked mine up on eBay in like new condition for $165, so absolutely can't complain! I've heard a few people say that the focus markings are off, so I'll definitely do the same.

Do you have any problems with CA/purple fringing on yours? Sounds like a common problem with them as well, but for the price (and arguably ay any price) there is nothing better for astro work on our cameras.

Same lens under a different name. Picked mine up on eBay in like new condition for $165, so absolutely can't complain! I've heard a few people say that the focus markings are off, so I'll definitely do the same.

Do you have any problems with CA/purple fringing on yours? Sounds like a common problem with them as well, but for the price (and arguably ay any price) there is nothing better for astro work on our cameras.

Not that I’ve noticed, but I don’t pixel peep.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back