• This is not so good

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Belindalynn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello, I'm Belinda Lynn Lemen. Im 47 from a small Southeast town. My reason for being here and putting my photos out for you is to let me know if this is somthing I should invest my time in for reasons other than doing it just because I love it. First, I love to make people laugh and smile.
And being only 3 years on face book. Last summer I found a way to make people smile with little effort. I got a puppy and started walking him around my place 4 to 6 times a day. I was seeing all kinds of different flowers so i started taking pictures. I found myself driving for miles to find different flowers.
Not long after I started putting a few up on face book, the feed back that I received made me take another look at my photos. Everybody, not only my friends and family, but people I did not know were telling me to do somthing with my photos. I know people on face book see a lot of pictures of different things and must have some sense of what is good. This is why I am here. Well it sure would be nice to have them published but my expectations do not run that high, not at all. My goal is to make as many people smile and to say Ahhhh that is pretty. I have been diagnosed with Avascular Norcrosis of both my hips so I'm am not sure how long this is going to keep me down. But even if I stay in a wheelchair or not I will be rolling around on the grown like a crazy person taking pictures. I am tossing out wild flower seeds in my field this year and hope they all sprout this spring and summer. Either way you will be seeing some more from me. I cross my fingers that all my friends and family are telling me the truth.

I'm glad you have discovered the wonders of photography. It sounds like you've got an eye for it!! You can learn a lot here especially from posting up some of your pictures.. The one thing I'll warn you about is that we can be fairly critical here. Just be sure to not let negative criticism get you down. Take it as a helpful suggestion rather than a "never do this again" sort of statement. That way you can improve upon your images and become even better!! We're here to help but sometimes helpful words can be misread as careless insults, especially with something like photography when a person if very attached to their images.

Welcome Belinda, some nice colors and ideas.
If you'll spend some time on focus and depth of field you'll see some quick improvements.
I'm glad you have discovered the wonders of photography. It sounds like you've got an eye for it!! You can learn a lot here especially from posting up some of your pictures.. The one thing I'll warn you about is that we can be fairly critical here. Just be sure to not let negative criticism get you down. Take it as a helpful suggestion rather than a "never do this again" sort of statement. That way you can improve upon your images and become even better!! We're here to help but sometimes helpful words can be misread as careless insults, especially with something like photography when a person if very attached to their images.

Thank you for this welcome and your words of encouragement. You hit the spot when you said a person can be very attached thier images. I am so attached that i can not delete. The only ones that I can delete is the blurry or the lighting is really bad. I was told just last week by my "husband" of 14 years that my pictures were not good enough, no one would want to sit and look at them, no one cares and that I should stop obsessing over them and stop taking pictures. And a few other choice words. I was very confused and very hurt and then I got mad but just said no and walked away. I took what he said and just let it roll on down off of me. There is noting anyone could say about my pictures that would upset me. I have been trying not to get attached to my pictures. I tell myself its like raising a child. I never put it in words so its kinda hard to explain. I birth the child (find a subject ). I feed it when needed ( I will sometimes mist the flowers if im late getting to them and I adjust the lighting also when need. I keep them clean (if a dead leaf or ect. is in the way I remove it). I take up in the 10's and 2o's + 50 shots of the same subject till I get one that I am happy with ( picking out the right outfit to look awesome). And when I feel that it read I send it out into the world and hope they make me proud (post them on face and see how many comments and likes I can get). Whew ha ha. And the most important thing for me to do is to pour my heart into it and love them and have fun doing it. All in the name of making some one smile. I am ready now for what every anyone opinion or advice. I need this to be in my life for it is boring due to my newly diagnoses of Avascular Norcrosis of both my hips. Dead bones will never stop me from doing with I love doing. Again thank you. Ps I been told I am long winded.
Belinda

-
Welcome Belinda, some nice colors and ideas.
If you'll spend some time on focus and depth of field you'll see some quick improvements.
As I am new to all of this. I have to ask what is depth of field mean? sorry i had to ask.

As I am new to all of this. I have to ask what is depth of field mean? sorry i had to ask.
This is the portion of space (fore and aft) wherein objects appear to be in acceptable focus.

This DOF can be deep or shallow, depending on what focal length, aperture, distance, and sensor size.

This is the portion of space (fore and aft) wherein objects appear to be in acceptable focus.

This DOF can be deep or shallow, depending on what focal length, aperture, distance, and sensor size.

^This.

And here's some more in depth information: Understanding Depth of Field in Photography

Thank You So Much

Most reactions

Back