By the Water...

DarkEyes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
img78.photobucket.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey Everybody, Back again. Been kinda busy lately:) .

Anyway, there's a Few Photo's Here I've Done Recently. I welcome any Feedback on offer.

#1: Solitude
9NewMarinabw.jpg

#2: Jeti's
8Jetis.jpg

#3: Silos at Dusk
8.jpg

#4: Other Wordly
1OtherWordly.jpg

#5: Flood!
16GRFloodngBest.jpg

All these photo's should be 700x 525 Pixels, but for some reason Photobucket is resizing them (and it's not becasue ther bigger than the allowable file size.)
Anyone else had this problem?

DarkEyes said:
All these photo's should be 700x 525 Pixels, but for some reason Photobucket is resizing them (and it's not becasue ther bigger than the allowable file size.)
Anyone else had this problem?

Oh yes!!!
It is a nuisance with Photobucket (which otherwise is all right because it is free and does not splash any advertising watermarks on hotlinked pics). Photos with a lot of digital information (leaves, tiny structures and things like that) tend to get downsized much below the admissible file size. Photos of skies with few clouds and maybe one other element in them as a contrasting point may well be downsized by the user and still get hotlinked to the board as some superlarge version. I don't understand it myself, either...!

Well, to your photos: I am totally taken in by your first. The sky is so well defined and the bleakness of winter comes out so clearly. I also like the overall composition and exposure very much (which must have been quite tricky with the bright band of thin cloud cover just above the horizon).

I also like the light distribution in Photo 3, clearly defining the texture of the water.

Where did you come across this flood?
Cannot have been where you also photographed the solitude of winter, can it?

love #2, like the siloets of the people fishing and the detail in the water. good job :)

Thanks for your enthusiasm towards the photo's LaFoto, and in answer to your question regarding the flood, it occured recently after Cyclone Claire crossed the coastline of Western Australia and headed inland.

This Particular region of Flooding along the Greenhough River occured in the Mid-West Near Meekathara. I took the photo atop a [High] Railway bridge.

The Photo Solitude was taken on the Fifth of January. (Near the middle of Summer here in the great land of Oz) You are right about the exposure, it was tricky, thankfully It was taken with digital so I had the advantage of Trial and Error!:D )

AdriaanSteyn said:
I love the composition of the first photo, but is slightly dark for me. Have you tried to play around with the light and contrast?

I've Recently Got a new monitor [17" Philips Flatscreen], and It's Display settings
are nearly impossible to get right [in a sense of perfectionism]. The only thing I have to go by when adjusting them [accurately] is how the images look post print. To my eyes, the Image looks just the way I intend it to [on my monitor and as a print].

DarkEyes said:
The Photo Solitude was taken on the Fifth of January. (Near the middle of Summer here in the great land of Oz)

Oops, and here I was thinking it was winter!
Did I only not find the little word "Oz" in what is written below your avatar or was it not there yesterday. For I was looking for a location... I remember as much! And them I just assumed it had to be winter since there are so many "northern hemisphere pics" up here right now, I just didn't think... though I do admit the flood threw me off the path a little ;).

The oz was under the location before, but I do see how you could have been thrown off by the flood. Unfortunately the only time we get enough rain for flooding here is during Cyclone Season [I say unfortunately, but Im sure those who had thier properties damaged think otherwise!].

NIce shots. Number 2 really stands out for me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back