C&C: An Afternoon by the River

JMD

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Wondering what everyone thinks of this shot. What could I have done differently? Any thoughts and opinions are welcom.
Thanks,
Justin
DSC_2524-1.jpg

Wouldn't have shot into the sun, it causes everything else in the photo to be underexposed. You want the sun to light your shot. By it being behind your subject it darkens it.
Looks like a nice scene, I would try again with light more behind you. Try early morning or in the evening.

I agree as well either to your back or to the side with a cir pol. worth a shot............

thanks for the input everyone. I shot into the sun so that I could get the shadows in th epicture to add a little something to it. I tried to block the sun with the tree as much as possible but this is the best I could do. I did have a polarizer on to try to draw out the sky.
Do you find the sun too distracting? Are your eyes drawn to it immediately or are you able to take in the scene?
Thanks
Justin

One trick I learned recently ... if you shoot into the sun (behind a tree) but move around such that the tree is almost entirely blocking it, it creates some pretty neat effects and cuts down on the harsh point in your shot.

I have one example if you're interested... lemme know and I'll post it.

EDIT: Oh I see you said you tried that. neeeeeeeeeeever mind.

...Do you find the sun too distracting? Are your eyes drawn to it immediately or are you able to take in the scene?
Thanks
Justin

For me, my eyes are pulled to the sun and sky the way it is now.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back