C+C and PP suggestions please.

Nasir

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys,

I took the following picture with the sun just about 30-50 degrees off, so the sky looked hazy and dull. I felt that I couldn't save the sky at all so I just cropped it out. If i can wake up early enough, I might possibly come back and take another shot in the morning. But could I please get some C+C on the composition, color, etc.

Also, is it even possible to make the background look "nicer"? I have lightroom and have access to CS2. Is there any tool on either lightroom or CS2 that could achieve my desired effect?

Btw, if it helps, this was taken in Colma, California - a bit south from San Francisco. My best guess on what the strange haze in the sky is is residual smoke that drifted from the numerous wildfires that have been (and still are) burning in CA.

Thanks!

337341987_P3taM-L.jpg

You will be able to remove some of the haze using a levels adjustment; also Google "Photoshop haze removal" or similar; there are a number of different "tricks" you can use.

Composition wise I think the un-manicured foreground needs to go. You could still pull in the curve of the road and the manicured lawn to the right (I think)...The background is so not interesting in comparison to the cemetary that you may want to try and completely eliminate AMAP. The reason I say this is you got some really nice colored light that awakens the whole cemetary--look at the H2o color from the sprinklers--that just doesn't exist in the background.

have a good one
3Eo

Most reactions

Back